Brian Marwood {merged}

Re: Brian Marwood

Pearce_out said:
Owain said:
Get out of our club, you nasty, oily little Gooner.

Does anyone else find it deeply troubling that this man has so much power over transfers? His role at City wants clarifying post-fucking-haste. What does a 'football administrator' do, exactly?

He doesn't have any power over transfers. Brian Marwood is the Manger for the Administration of football matters. Mancini is the manager of the team, Mancini makes all calls on the players. Marwood doesn't have a say in Transfers. What evidence do you have to suggest he does?

Mancini said so on the day he arrived. Transfers are not the sole responsibility of the manager but the responsibility of Mancini, Marwood and Cook. Marwood amost certainly did the AJ move and is probably behind the Milner move. Mancini will probably identify European players that will fit what we are looking for.

As long as everyone is aware of their respective roles and are happy with them then I think it makes sense especially if we are looking at players that fit an overall strategy rather than just buying for the sake of it or because we can.

Pearce_out said:
Danamy said:
I beg to differ but that's just my point of view
Point of view? so opinion then based on what? I got an explaination directly off the club of what Marwoods role is and I will attempt to explain although it is a little complicated.
The club has been structured to reflect Barcelona's setup. They want to make it so there is consistency in the managment of the club rather than having a mass turnaround of staff everytime the manager leaves. This means they have broken the club down into divisions.

Those divisions are

Communications
Football Administration
Brand and Marketing
Commercial
Infrastructure
Finance and Administration

Each one of these departments has an executive leader who is an expert in that particular feild, Garry Cook is the Line manager of all of these people and Khaldoon heads the lot, so it is very corporate.

Brian Marwood happens to be in charge of Football Administration, this covers the administative side of everything that involves football matters.

Team affairs comes under this department however Mancini has full control of his squad, Brian only deals with signing his wishes off and the paperwork involved in that.

I hope that clears it up for you?
So Brian Marwood had no involement in the signing of Adam Johnson. Well I am really glad that we have finally sorted that out.

Brian dealt with the administartive side of the transfer he did not identify the target.

Pearce_out said:
Brian dealt with the administartive side of the transfer he did not identify the target.
thats how it should be with mancini having full control on players in and out and the dealing of the squad day to day.
pretty normal really

Bluemoon115 said:
Daily Mail reader if I ever saw one.

"I don't know what I'm ranting about but it's wrong and should be stopped"
This is so true.

Pearce_out said:
Danamy said:
I beg to differ but that's just my point of view

Point of view? so opinion then based on what?

I got an explaination directly off the club of what Marwoods role is and I will attempt to explain although it is a little complicated.

The club has been structured to reflect Barcelona's setup. They want to make it so there is consistency in the managment of the club rather than having a mass turnaround of staff everytime the manager leaves. This means they have broken the club down into divisions.

Those divisions are

Communications
Football Administration
Brand and Marketing
Commercial
Infrastructure
Finance and Administration

Each one of these departments has an executive leader who is an expert in that particular feild, Garry Cook is the Line manager of all of these people and Khaldoon heads the lot, so it is very corporate.

Brian Marwood happens to be in charge of Football Administration, this covers the administative side of everything that involves football matters.

Team affairs comes under this department however Mancini has full control of his squad, Brian only deals with signing his wishes off and the paperwork involved in that.

I hope that clears it up for you?

You are correct with the way the setup is but you'll be very naive to think that Marwood along with Cook don't have any input into what transfers are made.

I was under the impression that mancini basically said "I think we need a midfielder, one who can put crosses in and create opening from the wing" marood then told the scouts to have a look around report back on their findings. AJ was one of these and mancini said "I want that one" and marwood went and sorted it.

Marwood and cook act on recommendations from their team manager. The biggest thing that our owners have brought is Loyalty the smae loyalty which was the reason we signed Lescott. I have it on good faith that the Lescott deal was pushed through at such a high price based on the wishes of the owners as the player had shown loyalty to City by publically coming out and requesting a move. The owners knew that this put Lescott in a difficult position and pushed through the transfer because they thought they owed Joleon for his display of loyalty.

Khaldoon has 100% loyalty in Mancini and allows him to do his job properly. This club is run extermely well.<br /><br />-- Sun May 23, 2010 8:47 am --<br /><br />
mannion18 said:
I was under the impression that mancini basically said "I think we need a midfielder, one who can put crosses in and create opening from the wing" marood then told the scouts to have a look around report back on their findings. AJ was one of these and mancini said "I want that one" and marwood went and sorted it.

That is exactly how it happened.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.