Brian Marwood {merged}

Re: Brian Marwood

Tony101 said:
ABU inc GDR said:
BluessinceHydeRoad said:
Sheikh Mansour is NOT a "sugar daddy" and has never claimed to be one. He told us when the takeover was confirmed that he envisaged a period of investment in players to enable City to compete for, and win, trophies. No-one can complain that he hasn't fulfilled his promise. He told us that this would be followed by a period of consolidation and we have known for a long time that this summer funds for new arrivals would have to come, in large measure, from the sale of players already here. Most of us know who these players are. We also know it's Brian Marwood's job to move them on. But that doesn't make it any easier. Adebayor seems content to sit in the stands and pick up his wages. Paying a club to take him isn't going to provide City with money to buy someone else! RSC wants to play football, will go somewhere else but clubs are reluctant because of his injury record. Marwood has a difficult job, operates within policy limits laid down by the board/Sheikh Mansour and cannot be held responsible simply because a few City fans think they have a right to expect the moon - and the Sheikh to pay for it. Hazard wanted the same wages as Ya Ya, without ever playing like him! Any club has to think very carefully about the details of a deal for a 29 year old with a checkered innjury record - especially with the four strikers we've got! Let's just trust the club - it hasn't let us down since 2008, has it.

As in any bussiness there are politics and you have to fight your corner and there has to be a bit of give and take;

Mancini's target players named at the end of last season have gone, we ultimately withdrew from the Hazard deal, I think Mancini accepts this. To enter the last 3 weeks of the transfer window and not have the cover in positions that we would need to maintain last years challenge is what is concerning Mancini. Then on top of that to find out that Ballotelli was being considered for sale to PSG which has now come out appears to have been the straw that broke the camels back and he's come out fighting!

Apparently Mancini has offered his resignation over all this and that's what I find unacceptable. There's obviously a communication problem between Mancini Marwood and Khaldoon that needs sorting quickly

Its laughable that you believe that nonsense. mancini is not an idiot and will never have a job as good as this. So the idea that he would offer his resignation is nonsense. Where will he go after this?

Its laughable that you don't know SHIT.......Mancini was 9.5million at Inter

CityCTID said:
Tony101 said:
ABU inc GDR said:
As in any bussiness there are politics and you have to fight your corner and there has to be a bit of give and take;

Mancini's target players named at the end of last season have gone, we ultimately withdrew from the Hazard deal, I think Mancini accepts this. To enter the last 3 weeks of the transfer window and not have the cover in positions that we would need to maintain last years challenge is what is concerning Mancini. Then on top of that to find out that Ballotelli was being considered for sale to PSG which has now come out appears to have been the straw that broke the camels back and he's come out fighting!

Apparently Mancini has offered his resignation over all this and that's what I find unacceptable. There's obviously a communication problem between Mancini Marwood and Khaldoon that needs sorting quickly

Its laughable that you believe that nonsense. mancini is not an idiot and will never have a job as good as this. So the idea that he would offer his resignation is nonsense. Where will he go after this?

He won't leave his job don't believe what the media tells you.This is probably one of the best jobs for a manager in world football.

Salar said:
CityCTID said:
Tony101 said:

He won't leave his job don't believe what the media tells you.This is probably one of the best jobs for a manager in world football.

It used to be before we had Marwood ......

Can't stop clubs making offers on our players, it is whether you accept them or not, seems the manager said no, that was the end of it as far as we know. If Marwood had said he has to go if you want RVP, even still Mancini gets the last word and retains control. I think too much is being read into this.

marwood should play a fantsy league with 200m with everybody else playing with 100.He might learn a thing or two about spending

Taxi for Marwood

The mysterious cigarette smoking man in the shadows.
Unseen and silent but with an influence it seems beyond Mancini
Why has he not cleared the dead wood out ?
OK it needs an effort and we will be financially out of pocket but its a commercial decision not rocket science.
I find the sight of RSC back in training an absolute joke,
I am certain this action is the brake on new signings,without a clear out on overhead there is no room to manouvre.
We have missed our prime end of season targets and my believe its now an internal power struggle with Mancini, rightly in my opinion demanding a greater control,
Starting the season with the squad we finished as Champions would not be a problem in the short term, we are strong but Marwoods contribution is debatable at best and if the gloves came off there will be only one winner and it will not be the man in the shadows.
Can anyone exactly define his role and responsibilities ? My limited inside knowledge define him as a devious manipulative, pompous and for the sake of a better word "Tosser"

Re: Taxi for Marwood

mrt4919 said:
OK it needs an effort and we will be financially out of pocket but its a commercial decision not rocket science.
I find the sight of RSG back in training an absolute joke,
I am certain this action is the brake on new signings,without a clear out on overhead there is no room to manouvre.
We have missed our prime end of season targets and my believe its now an internal power struggle with Mancini, rightly in my opinion demanding a greater control,
Starting the season with the squad we finished as Champions would not be a problem in the short term, we are strong but Marwoods contribution is debatable at best and if the gloves came off there will be only one winner and it will not be the man in the shadows.
Can anyone exactly define his role and responsibilities ? My limited inside knowledge define him as a devious manipulative, pompous and for the sake of a better word "Tosser"

Take it he was not your best man at your wedding ?

mrt4919 said:
How do you sell something when there is no demand for it?

Bluemoon115 said:
mrt4919 said:

Give it away in the case of RSC

Cobwebcat said:
Bluemoon115 said:
mrt4919 said:

Give it away in the case of RSC
How do you give something away that has no demand?

If someone offered you a bin full of rubbish, would you take it? It's free after all.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.