Brian Marwood {merged}

Re: Brian Marwood

David Dein did a brilliant job at the Gooners but I'm not sure what an Arsenal fan would think of running our club after the events of recent years. :P

Roberto's exasperation last year had little or nothing to do with Marwood, but with the board, which refused his request to bring in De Rossi on financial grounds. This year he has, presumably, agreed a list of players he wants brought into the club, as in each window since hw came to the club. The club has done well bringing in most of the players Roberto has wanted, but each season our number one target has gone elsewhere. We aren't certain who the players he wants this season are, but it seems safe to believe Hazard and Van Persie were on the list. Hazard made demands the club - not just Marwood - considered unjustifiable, and RVP is still at Arsenal as yet, though Roberto doubts he will come to City. I have not heard him blame Marwood for this; he simply says that if reporters want to know what the latest news is they should speak to Marwood. This seems a statement of the blindingly obvious. We all know that Roberto gets tetchy and can even say things he doesn't mean; last september he said Tevez would never play for City again, and after the Arsenal match in March he told reporters Balotelli would be sold (now he is "apparently" prepared to resign if Mario is sold!). My point is that Roberto's frustration is more likely with a situation than a person. We don't know what constraints Marwood has to act under because this is, I suspect strongly, a secret shared by Roberto, Brian Marwood, the board and Sheikh Mansour. And fans are quite wrong to believe that every problem must have a simple solution and that it must be someone's fault if the problem isn't solved immediately to their satisfaction. This time last year Aguero had just about joined, Nasri was weeks into the future and Roberto was frustrated! Two years ago he was frustrated because half the team had only just returned from the World Cup, having joined us only that summer and had missed pre-seaon almost completely but even the press didn't blame that on Marwood.

CityCTID said:
If Mancini has felt the need to speak out his discontent for two consecutive seasons, you can rest assured that it is an issue.

Marwood was given a list of targets (previously agreed with Owner and Chairman and Mancini) which can be reasonably presumed to consist in a couple of options for each role to be covered the progress!!! The transfer window is closes in three weeks, Yet we haven't done any deal or new signing, it's Marwood's responsibility's and he failed to deliver!!!

Oh and do me a favor, don't give me the FFP/balancing book boollx excuse, Surely the FFP was carefully taking into consideration, and targets" have the chairman approval, and Marwood is a football administrator, Not a fucking a accountant!!! next excuse please

The likes of Milan, Juve, Rags, Bayern, RM and Barca have been quite profitably offloading their highly paid scraps to the so called lesser clubs, that is what defines the power and influence of a club and - most of all - what defines the job itself of a sporting director and ability to earn a top salary!!!!

Unless you're so naive to consider the signing of Yaya Toure and David Silva..etc, was due to the power, influence and negotiating skills of he average performances of the tv pundit, don't be stupid, the club had to pay over the odds wages in order to persuade these players to sign for City!

The 'football administrator of MCFC, a football Club who aim themselves to global domination, have miserably failed to offload just about every redundant personnel from 1st team, includes the epic fail of not being able to offload a striker of Ade caratage, not even for the peanuts of 5mil as reported , and I don't give a fuck if Ade hold a lucrative contract (signed by Marwood, btw) because that is why an employer pays a 6 figures salary for!!!

Fcuking clueless, need to explain why did he give (unhappy) AJ a lucrative contract recently?? we all know Johnson made his unhappiness at the lack of playing time well-known, and he could be looking to move on or the club may want to sell!!!? NEW offload problem???? There ya go another offload problem of his own making - Awaiting Marwood New Excuse

A dysfunctional transfer system managed by a fucking gooner - you couldn't make it up

But we sold Caicedo! Thankfully we offloaded him to Levante for 1m, who sold him a week later for 7.5m

That's probably our biggest success story offloading deadwood in the past year.

Blue Haze said:
CityCTID said:
If Mancini has felt the need to speak out his discontent for two consecutive seasons, you can rest assured that it is an issue.

Marwood was given a list of targets (previously agreed with Owner and Chairman and Mancini) which can be reasonably presumed to consist in a couple of options for each role to be covered the progress!!! The transfer window is closes in three weeks, Yet we haven't done any deal or new signing, it's Marwood's responsibility's and he failed to deliver!!!

Oh and do me a favor, don't give me the FFP/balancing book boollx excuse, Surely the FFP was carefully taking into consideration, and targets" have the chairman approval, and Marwood is a football administrator, Not a fucking a accountant!!! next excuse please

The likes of Milan, Juve, Rags, Bayern, RM and Barca have been quite profitably offloading their highly paid scraps to the so called lesser clubs, that is what defines the power and influence of a club and - most of all - what defines the job itself of a sporting director and ability to earn a top salary!!!!

Unless you're so naive to consider the signing of Yaya Toure and David Silva..etc, was due to the power, influence and negotiating skills of he average performances of the tv pundit, don't be stupid, the club had to pay over the odds wages in order to persuade these players to sign for City!

The 'football administrator of MCFC, a football Club who aim themselves to global domination, have miserably failed to offload just about every redundant personnel from 1st team, includes the epic fail of not being able to offload a striker of Ade caratage, not even for the peanuts of 5mil as reported , and I don't give a fuck if Ade hold a lucrative contract (signed by Marwood, btw) because that is why an employer pays a 6 figures salary for!!!

Fcuking clueless, need to explain why did he give (unhappy) AJ a lucrative contract recently?? we all know Johnson made his unhappiness at the lack of playing time well-known, and he could be looking to move on or the club may want to sell!!!? NEW offload problem???? There ya go another offload problem of his own making - Awaiting Marwood New Excuse

A dysfunctional transfer system managed by a fucking gooner - you couldn't make it up

But we sold Caicedo! Thankfully we offloaded him to Levante for 1m, who sold him a week later for 7.5m

I'm sure we made a profit on selling Boateng to Bayern.

Brian Marwood

Unknown_Genius said:
Blue Haze said:
CityCTID said:

1 or 2 million max I think !

Tevez City said:
Unknown_Genius said:
Blue Haze said:

1 or 2 million max I think !

3!

I Know I am gonna get hanged for this but I for some reason think that Mancini is overreacting.I mean c'mon we have the best team In the League and In my opinion the third best in the world.There is no urgent need for reinforcements Except in Defence and a box to box midfielder in which case I am sure that the club did every thing they could and If our targets went to other places well then thats fate and I am glad that our club wasn't made a mug by paying stupid transfer fees.I think Mancini should stop giving clear hints to the media and should focus on what we have and If we didn't get one target go after the other one.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.