Bridge in Champions League squad, Hargreaves not

VinnieKomp said:
bridge will be in for homegrown rule obviously

If the maximum is 25 players, we could for example only register 24 - thereof doing that extra spot "homegrown". So that was not the case.

I would be very surprised if Hargreaves is not in the CL squad. He is very experienced in the CL and that is exactly what Mancini said he was looking for at the beginning of the transfer window.

So unless we are very tight on space I cant see us not having him in there.

Question: How many players can be in a CL squad? the BM one has 27 by my count. RM has 35+

grunge said:
I would be very surprised if Hargreaves is not in the CL squad. He is very experienced in the CL and that is exactly what Mancini said he was looking for at the beginning of the transfer window.

Question: How many players can be in a CL squad? the BM one has 27 by my count. RM has 35+

BM has 5 youngsters that do not count - the B-List!

Madrid has 7 from the B-List. 25 regular players (a lot of them home grown).

I have put links to the following Champions League named squads (so far) for the Group phase on my twitter account Nick_Sneddon or just click the link <a class="postlink" href="http://www.uefa.com/uefachampionsleague/season=2012/clubs/index.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.uefa.com/uefachampionsleague ... index.html</a> and then click on the individual club and scroll to the bottom of the page.

BATE, Chelsea, Dinamo Zagreb, Man Ushited, Marseille, Real Madrid, Valencia, and Villarreal all have named their squad players to date....

This would be mine:

GKs
1) Hart (English Trained)
2) Pantilimon
3) Taylor (English Trained)

Def:
4) Richards (Club Trained)
5) Kompany
6) Lescott (English Trained)
7) Clichy (English Trained)
8) Kolo Touré
9) Savić
10) Zabaleta
11) Kolarov
12) Onuoha (Club Trained)

Mid:
13) de Jong
14) Yaya Touré
15) Barry (English Trained)
16) Nasri
17) Milner (English Trained)
18) A Johnson (English Trained)
19) Silva
20) Razak (Club Trained)

STs
21) Džeko
22) Agüero
23) Tévez
24) Balotelli (Let him serve his suspension now, we may as well)
25) Nimely (Club Trained)

4 Club trained and more than enough English trained players, including the club trained ones ofcourse...

Now according to that, to take Hargreaves, we can't drop any of Nimely, Razak or Onuoha, and we wouldn't drop Richards anyway. So that means we'd have to drop a 1st team worthy player, and with the midfeilders already in that list who are fit to play NOW, doing that seems pointless...

Edit-

Actualy, we could drop Kolo as he may not be ready to play for couple of months either, but it all depends on who's more ready...if they're both not going to play then I'd take Hargreaves just to show him beleif and for a bit more experience, even though Kolo has a lot.

keemcfc said:
This would be mine:

GKs
2) Pantilimon

Def:
5) Kompany
8) Kolo Touré
9) Savić
10) Zabaleta
11) Kolarov

Mid:
13) de Jong
14) Yaya Touré
16) Nasri
19) Silva
20) Razak (Club Trained)

STs
21) Džeko
22) Agüero
23) Tévez

4 Club trained and more than enough English trained players, including the club trained ones ofcourse...

Now according to that, to take Hargreaves, we can't drop any of Nimely, Razak or Onuoha, and we wouldn't drop Richards anyway. So that means we'd have to drop a 1st team worthy player, and with the midfeilders already in that list who are fit to play NOW, doing that seems pointless...

why can't we drop any of Nimely, Razak or Onuoha? We only need 8 homegrown players

Maldeika said:
grunge said:

BM has 5 youngsters that do not count - the B-List!

Madrid has 7 from the B-List. 25 regular players (a lot of them home grown).

Ahh, Ok ta, I saw the B-List thing but didn't really know what it was.

snedzz said:
keemcfc said:
This would be mine:

GKs
2) Pantilimon

Def:
5) Kompany
8) Kolo Touré
9) Savić
10) Zabaleta
11) Kolarov

Mid:
13) de Jong
14) Yaya Touré
16) Nasri
19) Silva
20) Razak (Club Trained)

STs
21) Džeko
22) Agüero
23) Tévez

why can't we drop any of Nimely, Razak or Onuoha? We only need 8 homegrown players
4 have to be trained by us from a certain age: Richards, Onuoha, Razak & Nimely.

Hart missed out by like a few months apparently -.-

Edit-

Actualy fuck it, I just figured out, Balotelli can go in our B list, we can drop him from the A list as he's foreign so we still have our 4 club trained players, then we can stick Hargreaves in the A list! Sorted:

A list:

GKs
2) Pantilimon

Def:
5) Kompany
8) Kolo Touré
9) Savić
10) Zabaleta
11) Kolarov

Mid:
13) de Jong
14) Yaya Touré
16) Nasri
19) Silva
20) Razak (Club Trained)
21) Hargreaves (English trained? German trained? Canadian trained?) (Or maybe Bridge instead if Hargreaves isn't going to play?)

STs
22) Džeko
23) Agüero
24) Tévez

B list:

Veseli, Cunningham, Rekik, Suarez, Assulin, Scapuzzi, Balotelli and the rest of our most promising youth, we may as well...

keemcfc said:
snedzz said:
keemcfc said:
This would be mine:

GKs
2) Pantilimon

Def:
5) Kompany
8) Kolo Touré
9) Savić
10) Zabaleta
11) Kolarov

Mid:
13) de Jong
14) Yaya Touré
16) Nasri
19) Silva
20) Razak (Club Trained)

STs
21) Džeko
22) Agüero
23) Tévez

4 have to be trained by us from a certain age: Richards, Onuoha, Razak & Nimely.

Hart missed out by like a few months apparently -.-

Edit-

Actualy fuck it, I just figured out, Balotelli can go in our B list, we can drop him from the A list as he's foreign so we still have our 4 club trained players, then we can stick Hargreaves in the A list! Sorted:

A list:

GKs
2) Pantilimon

Def:
5) Kompany
8) Kolo Touré
9) Savić
10) Zabaleta
11) Kolarov

Mid:
13) de Jong
14) Yaya Touré
16) Nasri
19) Silva
20) Razak (Club Trained)
21) Hargreaves (English trained? German trained? Canadian trained?) (Or maybe Bridge instead if Hargreaves isn't going to play?)

STs
22) Džeko
23) Agüero
24) Tévez

B list:

Veseli, Cunningham, Rekik, Suarez, Assulin, Scapuzzi, Balotelli and the rest of our most promising youth, we may as well...

Just found the rule: • UEFA defines locally-trained or 'homegrown' players as those who, regardless of their nationality, have been trained by their club or by another club in the same national association for at least three years between the age of 15 and 21. Up to half of the locally-trained players must be from the club itself, with the others being either from the club itself or from other clubs in the same association.

he wasn't in the CL squad so the player himself doesn't try and rush himself back to be ready for certain games. He may be 'fit' but he's well short of match fitness.

Should we get to the knockout rounds he will be named in the new CL squad after January, should he still be around.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.