Brighton (A) - Post Match Thread.

I thought it should have been a penalty but it wasn't obviously a deliberate handball but there nor was Jesus' and he got booked.

I still not convinced Silva was offside for GJ's disallowed goal.
I don't think we should have had a pen for that handball but I agree about the disallowed goal. I think silva was level.

Until Mendy is back fit i think we should play either Sane or Sterling at LWB.

I thought Sané would have started yesterday.

It was obvious to me - and it should have been to Pep as well - that Brighton would park a double-decker and would offer very little going forward and Leroy's superior attacking prowess would be much more vital than Danny's defensive abilities.

Blue tinted glasses on I think.
Silva was marginally off side. As for the the penalty shout, I would have been annoyed if it had been given against us.

The ball hit is arm from a distance and his arm was not particularly close to his body.

Silva may have been marginally offside but it's very tight and I'd like to see a freeze frame with a line drawn on that proves a part of his body with which he could score was in advance of the last Brighton player when the pass to him was made. I've not gone back and studied it but my initial impression, and I could be wrong, was that Silva's arm might have been what was offside. However, we won so it's not a big deal but it has nothing to do with my optical wear's tint; its effectiveness is another matter.

How many blues there yesterday,our vocal support was non existant,who got all the tickets,Tunnel club members??

Were you watching the same game as me or were the mics on your programme set in the Brighton end because I could hear our fans quite clearly. I only heard Brighton once and that was when they took the cameras along showing them doing the happy clapping. :-)

We weren't great. I think the initial set-up was wrong. Should have played with a back four, with Fernandinho dropping into a back three without possession. The pitch looked quite small and we didn't stretch the play enough. The centre was very congested and Sergio didn't have the pace to run on to balls that were getting played from deep when he went out wide.

The Sergio Jesus partnership didn't work today. Neither were particularly involved in the buildup, although Jesus did put a shift in and created some dangerous situations. Ultimately though we still have the same problems up front as last season.

We were playing against a flat back ten. There was very little space in their box for any of our boys to operate.

Kun and Gabriel did very well together at the end of last season and when they have more room against less defensive opposition, they will produce the goods, I'm sure.

I think PEP has to be given the funds to finish the window off covering all eventualities The manager himself has said there is something missing A quality striker and a reliable Centre half imho will make the difference We have still got 3/4 players to shift, and Txiki must in the next fortnight go flat out to make a great window up to a title winning one

I thought Sané would have started yesterday.

It was obvious to me - and it should have been to Pep as well - that Brighton would park a double-decker and would offer very little going forward and Leroy's superior attacking prowess would be much more vital than Danny's defensive abilities.

Really? Thought Sane was poor when he came on but poss may have been better if he'd been on from the start.

We weren't great. I think the initial set-up was wrong. Should have played with a back four, with Fernandinho dropping into a back three without possession. The pitch looked quite small and we didn't stretch the play enough. The centre was very congested and Sergio didn't have the pace to run on to balls that were getting played from deep when he went out wide.

The Sergio Jesus partnership didn't work today. Neither were particularly involved in the buildup, although Jesus did put a shift in and created some dangerous situations. Ultimately though we still have the same problems up front as last season.
Wait a minute, you're claiming the partnership didn't work yet single out Jesus as the one working hard, putting in a shift and creating dangerous situations? Sorry to break it to you but it was Aguero who opened the scoring, it was Aguero who played a huge part in our important second and it was Aguero who put it on a plate for Jesus who should have buried his header.

The agenda from some posters on here is fucking sad.

Sterling looked our best player in pre season really hope he gets more game time.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.