Brighton (A) - Post Match Thread.

With 3 centre backs (excluding Mangala if he goes) and 2 out and out strikers how long can we keep this system going? I appreciate it's not fixed for the season but it seems like we are putting a lot of pressure on terms of playing time on certain players.

Which PL teams are likely to not be defensive minded when they play City ?
I certainly think Spurs and Arsenal will go for it against us, and I'm sure the Dippers will have a go. Leicester also, and possibly Chelsea.

I think most will play defensively against us, and either try and nick one on the break, or play for a set piece. We could be in for a frustrating season, but I think we have the squad to deal with most situations. Once the squad gets up to full steam, our bench will be the key to unlocking teams or shutting up shop if required.

Certainly the Rag's will park the bus and employ the dark arts against us (and every other team). They will most certainly benefit from more than the odd questionable refereeing decision, in the region of 10-15 points in their favour. We just have to stay disciplined, and rise above it.

I certainly think Spurs and Arsenal will go for it against us, and I'm sure the Dippers will have a go. Leicester also, and possibly Chelsea.

I think most will play defensively against us, and either try and nick one on the break, or play for a set piece. We could be in for a frustrating season, but I think we have the squad to deal with most situations. Once the squad gets up to full steam, our bench will be the key to unlocking teams or shutting up shop if required.

Certainly the Rag's will park the bus and employ the dark arts against us (and every other team). They will most certainly benefit from more than the odd questionable refereeing decision, in the region of 10-15 points in their favour. We just have to stay disciplined, and rise above it.

We've certainly got to move the ball quicker than we did at weekend. At times the movement infront of the midfielders is really poor. We don't stretch teams enough. I do think Mendy will be huge for us, but I thought even Silva and KDB weren't doing enough to find space at times.

We've certainly got to move the ball quicker than we did at weekend. At times the movement infront of the midfielders is really poor. We don't stretch teams enough. I do think Mendy will be huge for us, but I thought even Silva and KDB weren't doing enough to find space at times.
I think we did okay, considering 11 behind the ball for large periods. There looks like a lot of space from the TV camera angles, but at pitch level there isn't an awful lot of room to play with. When the space opened up later on as they got leggy, we were decisive. The little triangle of passes for the opener was sublime.

I think we did okay, considering 11 behind the ball for large periods. There looks like a lot of space from the TV camera angles, but at pitch level there isn't an awful lot of room to play with. When the space opened up later on as they got leggy, we were decisive. The little triangle of passes for the opener was sublime.

This all day fella, Its easy to see the spaces from high up.

In my opinion, not a lot of teams pick up even a point on Brighton's first game in the premier league. They defended really well at times and kept us at bay for a lot of the game. I think it shows a lot of how well we pressed and attacked as a unit for that 1st goal especially. I thought it was gonna be one of them games where we absolutely batter a team all game and lose 1-0 but we did really good to get 2 goals. I'd of loved to see that lot go there 1st game of the season and see how they faired instead of getting a West Ham team that was always going to get dicked by any team on the first day.

I was saying that all second half,so slow,Brighton just kept on moving across to stop us.Sane was well overdue.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.