Brighton (A) - Post Match Thread.

His movement up & down the pitch and general use of the ball was like two players.

Assume you are still talking about Walker.

I'm one of many who said before he signed that he is the best RB in the league but I must confess that he has, so far, exceeded my expectations. It's still a bit strange seeing him in a City shirt but he appears to have slotted in like he's been here for ages.

I am very optimistic that he and Mendy will prove to be a revelation to many.

Assume you are still talking about Walker.

I'm one of many who said before he signed that he is the best RB in the league but I must confess that he has, so far, exceeded my expectations. It's still a bit strange seeing him in a City shirt but he appears to have slotted in like he's been here for ages.

I am very optimistic that he and Mendy will prove to be a revelation to many.

I've watched him for years & ok, he's always been one of the 'better' fullbacks but imo most fullbacks have been shit. For me he was a runaway train half the time & Richards imo was considerably better than him back then.

But the way he has slotted into Pep's style of football has left me gobsmaked & makes me wonder if other English players could go up several levels if playing under the right coach.

I was saying that all second half,so slow,Brighton just kept on moving across to stop us.Sane was well overdue.
We were dull and predictable just like we have been in 90% of the games over the last three years.

We need to come out all guns blazing from the off and try to blow the other team way.

Be more circumspect with the better teams.

We were dull and predictable just like we have been in 90% of the games over the last three years.

We need to come out all guns blazing from the off and try to blow the other team way.

Be more circumspect with the better teams.
We were predictable because Brighton had 11 behind the ball. It's not easy to break teams down who are intent on defence. Need an early goal to get them to come out and it was when Brighton were caught out of position after giving the ball away on a rare foray forward that we scored the opener.

We were predictable because Brighton had 11 behind the ball. It's not easy to break teams down who are intent on defence. Need an early goal to get them to come out and it was when Brighton were caught out of position after giving the ball away on a rare foray forward that we scored the opener.
We were predictable because we move the ball like sloths, run down blind alleys and refuse to take men on when in and around the box.

Even then I don't think most would open up. The instructions would be keep it to 1-0 to 75 mins then maybe have a go. It's not easy but we usually find a way to score.

We were predictable because we move the ball like sloths, run down blind alleys and refuse to take men on when in and around the box.

It is a bit dull at times I agree. My mate in the pub stopped watching after a bit as he was bored with it. He is a Liverpool fan though so was still sulking!

The ball hit is arm from a distance and his arm was not particularly close to his body.

Silva may have been marginally offside but it's very tight and I'd like to see a freeze frame with a line drawn on that proves a part of his body with which he could score was in advance of the last Brighton player when the pass to him was made. I've not gone back and studied it but my initial impression, and I could be wrong, was that Silva's arm might have been what was offside. However, we won so it's not a big deal but it has nothing to do with my optical wear's tint; its effectiveness is another matter.

I've had a look at this and paused the video just as the pass is being made and it is so, so close.
Where I've paused it, Silva's head and a shoulder are in an offside position
From where the lino is, he wouldn't be able to see the trailing leg of the Brighton player. What he will see is the torso of the player and Silva closer to the goal than him
It's one of those where if the goal stood the linesman would be congratulated on giving the attacking side the benefit of the doubt, but and as it was flagged offside, he's congratulated on the correct decision

It really is marginal and one that I do sympathise with the official

Last edited:
Well, as others have said, they had all 11 players packed in on defense.

As for taking on defenders one-on-one, Sane and Sterling do this. Yaya will do this too. Our other players mostly rely on movement and close passing to break down packed defenses. But, none of these 3 started.

Probably we should not have gone with a back 3 all game to put another attacker forward.

But in the end, we broke them down and scored.

I don't think our passing was slothful though - but I do agree that more attackers with one-on-one skills might help break down packed defenses.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.