Brighton (A) - Post Match Thread.

Yep, all trains out of Euston were suspended due to a fatality near Bletchley. Managed to get on the 13.17 train back, but it was rammed and had to stand the whole way back. Not ideal with a hangover!

Wasn't the most enjoyable day, had to leg it from the platform at Leeds to get the train home because of how many reds there were and everyone was trying to cram onto a train half the size. Had to listen to their rubbish the whole way.

Yep, all trains out of Euston were suspended due to a fatality near Bletchley. Managed to get on the 13.17 train back, but it was rammed and had to stand the whole way back. Not ideal with a hangover!
I made the 10.20 which was the last direct one out for a few hours. Also rammed with hundreds of Rags. My City top went down well. Fortunately got a seat with some sound West Ham fans.

Putting this into some sort of context from a Brighton fan. After any game you will always get twattish comments from some (few) fans of the losing team, mainly just to wind up opposition supporters. Just take it with a pinch of salt. Overall, the majority of Brighton fans didn't expect to get anything out of this game so had it been 0-0 at full time it would have been celebrated like a victory. An additional view is that we probably won't meet such an accomplished, quality team again this season (how's that for respect eh!). Our first time in the top tier for 34 years, and it will take time to find our feet - hopefully soon, but thanks for setting the bench mark.

Thanks Mr Teapot

We had a great time in Brighton and met lots of good home fans. We had a few pints outside the North concourse after the game and joined in the applause and the songs for the Brighton players leaving the ground.

Most of the Brighton fans said they were happy with anything less than 4 nil so everyone seemed to be in good spirits. Yes there was some banter about the money we have spent but we love the Sheik spending some of his dosh on our Club, until we have now become self-sufficient, so it's all good.

Best of luck for the rest of the season and you will do well against other teams in the League.

Putting this into some sort of context from a Brighton fan. After any game you will always get twattish comments from some (few) fans of the losing team, mainly just to wind up opposition supporters. Just take it with a pinch of salt. Overall, the majority of Brighton fans didn't expect to get anything out of this game so had it been 0-0 at full time it would have been celebrated like a victory. An additional view is that we probably won't meet such an accomplished, quality team again this season (how's that for respect eh!). Our first time in the top tier for 34 years, and it will take time to find our feet - hopefully soon, but thanks for setting the bench mark.

Oh, I totally agree mate. We've got whoppers in our support too. I'm thick-skinned enough to laugh it off but it was just a weird exchange as he seemed more arsed about blowing smoke up United's arse than Brighton's plus he got his facts wrong about City which needed pointing out lol. He certainly wasn't indicative of the Brighton fans in general that we came across.

Anyway, there was a point during that second half where despite our dominance in possession, etc, you had us wobbling a fair bit so I for one was relieved we came away with the 3 points. Good luck for the rest of the season and hopefully you'll stay up so I can make a proper weekend of it next time ;)

If they change their tactics to actually wanting to cross the half way line other than chasing a hoof from a central defender I agree they'll do well! :)

So, what did we learn from this game?

Not that much really.

One big bonus on Saturday is that we managed to break down a team playing 11 behind the ball, which we have struggled to do over the last few seasons. It is going to be a difficult season, as I think most teams will sit back against us (like WHU would have done against us, instead of the way they capitulated against the Rag's). We'll know more after we've played a team that try and play expansive attacking football.

Hopefully Pep has more Idea's on how to mix it up this season. Squad rotation will be important, and I think we have the squad to do it. Battling on all fronts again, as we have done the last few years, and finished top 4 in the last 7 seasons (the only team to do so); lot of pressure on the team and the manager to produce trophies.

No, I don't believe that, our wonderful Ric with a hangover, no way, just no way. Next you'll be telling me that David Silva has morphed into Stephen Ireland and Richard Dunne is not my all time City hero and worst of all that Vincent Kompany is not invincible. Our Ric with a hangover, why it's like saying @Bill sells carpets. :-)

So, what did we learn from this game?

Not that much really.

One big bonus on Saturday is that we managed to break down a team playing 11 behind the ball, which we have struggled to do over the last few seasons. It is going to be a difficult season, as I think most teams will sit back against us (like WHU would have done against us, instead of the way they capitulated against the Rag's). We'll know more after we've played a team that try and play expansive attacking football.

Hopefully Pep has more Idea's on how to mix it up this season. Squad rotation will be important, and I think we have the squad to do it. Battling on all fronts again, as we have done the last few years, and finished top 4 in the last 7 seasons (the only team to do so); lot of pressure on the team and the manager to produce trophies.

Which PL teams are likely to not be defensive minded when they play City ?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.