Brighton (A) - Post-Match Thread

There are still some good people who want us to do well and recognise a quality team when they come up against one. These are few and far between and will usually resort to ‘oil money / FFP breakers / human rights violaters’ those clowns are bitter and jealous and would be dancing in the streets if they had our investment and infrastructure.

As proven by the Geordies reaction this week.

The idea was probably game management but it didn’t really work as we completely lost control of the game for a 20-25 min spell in the second half. Pep must have been comfortable we were going to win and that he could tighten it up if needed, as he did when they scored.
game management is not an exact science. Fan's have an insatiable appetite for goals, and goal difference is crucial now and again, but going for everything every year means a more pragmatic approach to game management and rotation is needed. 3-1 gets same points as 7-0 obvs, plus sitting back slightly, our ability to counter-attack will get even better. 3 subs on the hour-mark is now viable as the academy "harvest" ripens.

The game they gave us in the second half is what I expected all game. In the first half they couldn't live with our pace, pressing and movement and were lucky to go in only three goals down. We were always going to ease off in the second half but I was getting a little worried as to how much we had dropped off and I am glad they didn't score earlier. He's a decent manager Potter and I'm amazed a top club haven't poached him.

As for their fans they really like a cry and moan don't they? What's with the booing of Grealish too? It's not like he left them is it? It shows how stupid and sheeplike the majority of football fans are

We parked on the racecourse for the free park n ride so 99% Brighton fans. No problems at all there or back. Had a nice chat with a mum and her autistic son, saying how good City were and how much Brighton do for the community. Her son plays in an disability league which Brighton are involved in and it gas helped him so much.
During the match to our right in with the Brighton fans was a Lad of about 10 in his City shirt. It was treated with good humour by all. As was another lad we spoke with waiting for the bus, again about 7 in his City shirt and they had been sat in the home crowd.

I havent been to many away grounds but that was so easy to get to and away from. About 20 min wait for the bus , got to the racecourse car park which was mostly empty. Left and never saw a queue, it was like a football match had never taken place , bizarre ! . Unlike City were I am stuck in the car park for an hour than an hour getting through Manchester lol. Mine you we get double the crowd ;).

Mine you some knobhead Brighton fan had a Ronaldo shirt lol

Nice post.

All complaining was about Pep sitting on his arse and not doing any changes when anyone with half a brain could see the lads were totally knackered. Glad you are entertained though :-)

Didn't look especially knackered to me. No more tired than BHA players. As shown by us taking control after Brighton scored. I would suggest anyone with half a brain would call out the whole 'Pep sitting on his arse' nonsense for what it is.

Was a good day all round and the queue for the train back to Brighton wasn't too bad. Was pretty near the front and the group of dickheads with the rag shirt,the dickhead in the hat and the fat bastard who kept showing his stomach where equalized by the young city fan by them who seemed to be having a great time. Need to sort their bin issues out though. Smell was awful
The bin men have been on strike, probably the reason for the smell

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.