Brighton (A) - Post-Match Thread

Very mature very professional display. Passed them to death first half which brought about the panic in their team that contributed to our goals.

2nd half was a really resolute display against a very useful very motivated team. To defend like that after a midweek away game in Europe bodes well for the business end of the season.

Foden's flexibility is nice..Right now no one can do a better job than him in that False nine role even if his primary position is different.

Great first half put the game to bed with the 0-3 score because noway Brighton were getting 3 second half and us nil but saying that thought Brighton played the best football by a any team in against us for a long time, our players found out what it was like playing again a Man City with that 40mins second half by Brighton.
They got 3 second half goals against us last season, I couldn’t relax till Mahrez’s goal.

Jamie Redknapp explained offside not given before pen because it was in a different phase of play. I suppose VAR can only be used in the final phase? Still seems odd when VAR has seen the offside but can't judge on it.
Another situation which I’ve seen happen a fair bit is when someone is played through, the linesman keeps his flag down and the player wins a corner. The replays show he was offside when played through but the corner still goes ahead and any goal from it would still stand. So I’ve no issue with that call today as so far it’s one thing they’ve actually been consistent on. But let’s see what happens when it’s against a team in red. That’s what I’m interested to see.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.