Brighton (A) - Pre match thread - Finally!

Brighton vs City prediction

• Win

Votes: 481 93.0%
  • Draw

Votes: 23 4.4%
  • Lose

Votes: 13 2.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
So many options available now.

I think Pep will go with:

-------------------------Ederson----------------------
Walker---------Kompany---Stones---------Danillo
--------------------------Yaya-------------------------
----------------KDB---------------Silva---------------
---Sterling-------------Aguero-----------Jesus-----

I'd like him to go with
-------------------------Ederson----------------------
Walker---------Kompany---Stones---------Danillo
--Sterling-------KDB-----------Silva---------Sane--
---------------Aguero-----------Jesus----------------

Frightening to think that neither team has B.Silva, Mendy, Ottomendi, Fernandinho, Gundo.

That's 5 players who would walk into 80% of the premier leagues starting 11. And we are still talking about Mbappe or Sanchez.

Don't usually publish my team selection prediction and it's very rare that it is 100% correct but I''ll plump for:

Ederson
Walker, Kompany, Stones, Otamendi, Danilo
Yaya
Silva, KDB
Jesus, Aguero

which I should have arranged in a 3-4-3 but I wouldn't be surprised to see Pep go 4-3-3 and use 3 different players to the above. What's for sure is we should have a very impressive bench.

As with most games, and the season as a whole, I feel it will be the mental side of the game that decides how we do and, of course, we need to take our chances and not make silly errors at the back.

I know bog all about this Brighton side but I'm sure there will be a pretty sizable gap in quality, which City need to exploit it and a big part of that will be ensuring that City more than match Brighton's effort because I'm also sure Brighton won't be lacking in that department.

Mentality is the key for us: courage, commitment, confidence, concentration but no complacency.

I've changed my mind after thinking about last season's line ups.

I think Pep is going to throw in a curve ball today.

-----------------------------Bravo------------------------
---------------Delph-------Tosin-------Mangala-------
-----------------------------Foden------------------------
Sterling-------B.Silva------KDB-----D.Silva------Sane
------------------------------Bony-------------------------

Just hope the ref is strong and fair for a change. I remember a few years ago saying they were going to stop flair players being kicked out of games but that never seems to apply when we play. I have no idea how this game will go, newly promoted teams are usually tricky to play early doors with all the enthusiasm and hope, as ever we need an early goal.

A bit breezy (Force 5) but good conditions for the game. Expect Knockaert to be on the bench for Brighton (not fully fit). As usual the first goal will dictate how the match goes.

Three at the back (wing-backs) is what happened to Arsenal (v Leicester) losing the ball playing out of defence and gap when Bellerin for Arsenal (cf. Walker) goes forward leaving a gap for a cross. Alas, Brighton's only quick (not really quick at all) forward (Baldock) is out injured. Arsenal and Liverpool conceded from identical corners. Scoring from corners is a Brighton weak point (only 4 last season). Kayal, the quickest midfielder is out injured for Brighton as well.

It does not look very promising for Brighton really. That should make city complacent? Game for City to lose.

I expect City to attack down the right. Brighton are much stronger defensively on their right.

New Brighton players in midfield: Groß (expected to play), Dropper (never seen him play), with regular Dale Stephens. Solly March (winger) is a bit of an unknown for Brighton as he has missed most of the last 3 seasons with injuries. He went off during the Atletico match after being kicked.

First half, Brighton expected to defend with two banks of four. An early goal conceded would muck up such a plan. Against Arsenal in the Cup, Albion went 0-2 down in the first 20 minutes and the game was over even before it started, lost 2-3.

Brighton may have four new players, also with Ryan (GK) and Suttner (LB).

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.