Brighton (A) - Sat 23 Oct 17:30 | Pre-Match Thread

Match Result Prediction

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Never been a fan since that old fucker head Steward turfed the ball over the stand in our banana days.

Seem to remember he was sacked for it but, fuck 'em.

We don’t seem too popular over on their forum…

Living near Brighton and Having encountered a lot of their ‘fans’ (most have Liverpool or United as their first team). Can’t fucking stand them hope we smash them
I don’t mind the fact you can’t f***ing stand us, that goes with the territory, but to say our first team is Liverpool or United you’re having a giraffe. Wash your mouth out.

I don’t mind the fact you can’t f***ing stand us, that goes with the territory, but to say our first team is Liverpool or United you’re having a giraffe. Wash your mouth out.
I recall in my days of visiting the Kippax, we used to shout Rangers...Celtic until the cows came home.

Could be a tight game , their manager plays a possession game but if we are 100%on our game and pressing their defenders they will make mistakes , they do not have the anywhere near the quality we have playing out from the back. Vital to get an early goal to make it a decent game , otherwise i can see this being a war of attrition and a bit of a bore. Confident we will keep a clean sheet so i am backing 1-0 or 2-0 , and then we can look forward to Sunday and the biggest game in the history of the world and a pair of shithouse football clubs knocking ten bells out of each other.

Really, how so? I seem to remember we all stayed behind and applauded you when you received the PL trophy in 2019.
Oh well, no accounting for taste.
I think the dislike for Brighton stems from head band wearing fecker Steve foster who was in every packet on panini stickers making swapsies almost impossible. Only the Stein brothers surpass him in my hatred on my panini sticker scale

Probably the concourse, the ground is basically in the middle of nowhere.
The ground, the American Express Community Stadium to give it it’s full name, is in Falmer which is right on the edge of the Brighton & Hove boundary. Thanks to the money grabbing b*stards that ran our club back in the mid 90s they decided to sell the Goldstone Ground but left the club with nowhere to play hence we had two seasons at Gillingham and twelve seasons at the Theatre of Trees aka Withdean Stadium - I would contest the term stadium.
Anyway, the choices were limited as to a suitable site. To the South you had the sea, to the North there were the South Downs which is now a National Park. The choice for Falmer was made and approved after five years or so of objections.

So, yes, your comment about being in the middle of nowhere is kind of apt - it is in Brighton but right on the outskirts. Part of the planning agreement was that it should only be accessed by public transport. Hence the huge emphasis on using trains, buses and Park and Ride operation. It can be a pain in the arse sometimes but nothing compared with having no ground at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.