Brighton (h) post-match thread

Just seen this on the mUen ................

Questions raised over Manchester City's winning goal against Brighton​

Apparently Dias made tackle to win the ball way back in the build up. The media will try everything they can to fuel the aggro towards City - never much about the rags regular fluky goals and penalties.

Why didn't the Brighton player get shown a second yellow for his deliberate check on KDB late in the game - yet another incompetent referee - and where is the media inquest into that incident.

If you compare the MUEN to the Echo it is like night & day , the Echo is like a scosue fanzine they back everything the Dippers do , they found positives when they got every club ineurope banned for five years , the MUEN is rat infested with Rags every single reporter is a Rag , Simon Ballowski is a red ****. Any hint of negativity and they are on it , and this is our local paper , what they dont realise is the majority of footbal fans in manchester are blueso they are shooting themselves in the foot
Thankfully the MUEN will be gone in the next couple of years and the lack of local readership will be one of the main reasons , their treatment of our club is the equivalent of turkeys voting for xmas , thick Rag scum.

His technique was very poor. He lifted his head as he hit the ball. It was always going over the bar. It's incredible at this level really. You sometimes see goalies go the right way or a shot is hit too centrally but you rarely see them go over the bar unless there is a bobble or a slip by the player.
Remember his ‘Panenka’ at Leicester? Then he missed ‘two’ against Wolves.

Not sure I'll ever get used to us playing out 1-0 wins, but tbh think we'll be doing a lot of that for the rest of the season.

Don't think we played the greatest, but at the same time had plenty of chances to kill the game off in the 2nd half. As nervy as some of us might of been playing out the 1-0, in retrospect they didn't really create much other than one half chance and a couple of shots from outside the box.

Most important thing this season is to just win each game on a game by game basis and keep everyone fit, we can keep the flashy stuff and tactical masterclasses to the big games.

On the pen, C'mon guys lets not piss about no matter what the time, if KDB is on the pitch he HAS to take it and he needs to take that responsibility as captain.

Rodri's been iffy for the last couple of games. Frightens me to death when he gets the ball in our third.
Usually plays it straight back to where if comes from... unless it comes from the keeper in which case it goes to his right. Very one dimensional.
He just isn't nimble and quick footed enough to play that role, should send him to ballet or Tap Dancing lessons.

We better get the penalty situation sorted because good chance we may have 5 in one match.
It baffles me. Pep probably spends hours on tactics all week to prepare for the game, drilling instructions into the team and when it comes to penalties it’s almost

“right lads if you get a pen do what you want”

Mahrez took the penalty at Anfield when he had missed 3 of his last 5. Sterling missed two last season.

We have missed 7 of our last 15.

We failed to beat our biggest rival by missing a pen.

We can’t keep doing this because one day it will cost us again and we can’t afford that currently.

I get a feeling still that KDB doesn’t really like taking them which for someone who can thread a pass through the eye of a needle from 30 yards away seems strange.

If you compare the MUEN to the Echo it is like night & day , the Echo is like a scosue fanzine they back everything the Dippers do , they found positives when they got every club ineurope banned for five years , the MUEN is rat infested with Rags every single reporter is a Rag , Simon Ballowski is a red ****. Any hint of negativity and they are on it , and this is our local paper , what they dont realise is the majority of footbal fans in manchester are blueso they are shooting themselves in the foot
Thankfully the MUEN will be gone in the next couple of years and the lack of local readership will be one of the main reasons , their treatment of our club is the equivalent of turkeys voting for xmas , thick Rag scum.
The 'friend dropping in' will be dropping out and l will not mourn it.

It baffles me. Pep probably spends hours on tactics all week to prepare for the game, drilling instructions into the team and when it comes to penalties it’s almost

“right lads if you get a pen do what you want”

Mahrez took the penalty at Anfield when he had missed 3 of his last 5. Sterling missed two last season.

We have missed 7 of our last 15.

We failed to beat our biggest rival by missing a pen.

We can’t keep doing this because one day it will cost us again and we can’t afford that currently.

I get a feeling still that KDB doesn’t really like taking them which for someone who can thread a pass through the eye of a needle from 30 yards away seems strange.
I've been saying similar for years now. Pep has enough staff and coaches to work on this where the aim should be to achieve 100% success from the spot.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.