Brighton (H) | Post Match Thread

Not long back after sitting on the Vermilion car park for half an hour. Relieved to have got back to winning ways, win again against Elton’s mob on Saturday and them lot go into the Merseyside derby four points behind. Anyone know the attendance? Not published on the beeb report.

I was considering "What if Liverpool just expect to turn up and Everton put on their best performance of the season" but to be honest, I think Liverpool would probably still win the game.

I'm not going to get my hopes up. We just need to keep winning our own games. They need to do that AND hope another team(or ref) does them a favour. If it hasn't sunk in for them yet, it will do if City keep winning.

In the first half we were so flat. Quite a few players were playing awfully and we seemed to have no idea how to break down a very dogged Brighton defence.
We weren't "flat" though, we played OK, and we created good chances and just didn't take them (weren't lucky), and it's frustrating, but we did look like we would score, and once we did, it was only one outcome.

I'm with you. I've never thought it was the foregone conclusion for Liverpool most have said it is. They have some potentially tough games coming up in the run in, and results don't always go to form.
Genuinely think our best bet of them dropping points is Newcastle

Very comfortable night against a very competent team in good form and capable of causing problems.

We started off well, on the front foot and had some good chances that we wasted. As the first half went on, we settled into a sluggish rhythm, it got nervy and were in danger of it being a testing night. Came out second half with much more impetus and got that crucial early goal. Soon as that went in I felt we were comfortable very pleased to see we didn't it back on it and play for a 1-0 that's too dangerous of a plan when one slip up sees us hand it to the dippers, huge slice of luck for the second but you get that when you actually bloody shoot!

Overall a really strong result and a very decent performance to go with it. Really needed a convincing win tonight, should build confidence, hopefully put Watford to the sword weekend and show how formidable we are and put some real pressure on the dippers.

I was considering "What if Liverpool just expect to turn up and Everton put on their best performance of the season" but to be honest, I think Liverpool would probably still win the game.

I'm not going to get my hopes up. We just need to keep winning our own games. They need to do that AND hope another team(or ref) does them a favour. If it hasn't sunk in for them yet, it will do if City keep winning.

Maybe Pickford will take someone out again. That's about as much of a contribution Everton can make to this title fight, it's 3 points to Liverpool every day of the week.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.