Brighton (H) | Post Match Thread

I don't have a lot of time to be honest, but the posts are all there to see on the matchday thread.
Fair enough, and thanks for replying in that case. I do realise I could go back and look through myself, but it’s just that after so many games there are posters in post match threads slagging off fellow blues in the matchday threads, but they never name who they are actually digging out. As it’s two different threads there are no direct quotes.

First half we looked very nervous like everyone else says and I think we went into the game to try to get an early goal, but it never came. We did well, but it just wouldn't go in and we've all seen these games before...! I thought Stones was superb first half with great interceptions and passing. Make no mistake, he is the best English central defender by a country mile. An absolute Rolls-Royce of a player.

Second half was a different story though once the first goal went in. What a run by KdB - it must have been the 5th or so run he'd made from midfield before lining up a shot or playing someone else in. He was absolutely superb and dare I say it, without him, it would've been a long night. We need to keep him fit as he can change any game on his day.

I don't know what was up with Gundogan but, for me, he was shocking tonight. Bad passes, getting in the way and passing to the ref... it's not like him at all and he's not played too much recently. I hope he's just had one off night as he's a class player on his day.

Great to see Dias back, he is a genuine world class player and when he is with Stones it really takes something special to get past them. As good as Laporte and Ake are, Dias and Stones are just better it's as simple as that.

One last comment on Brighton - what a superb manager Graham Potter is. They played decent football and with what they have, they gave us a game until the goal went in. They play decent football and have some decent players - they won't be going down for a while. When I think about the Liverpool v United game last night, Brighton showed more ability, class and tactics than United did by an absolute mile. I think Potter will end up at a bigger club in the next season, he is a superb manager.

Overall, a great result and back to the top. If we keep on "keeping on" then the league is ours. I'd love to give Watford their usual beating and get the GD back in our favour though!

COME ON CITY!!

The Boys in Blue didn’t give in. They fought to the end. Well done City, well done lads, well done fans. You showed ‘em, you showed ‘em all.

Sorry I’m late but I must have fallen asleep not long after half time and have just woken up! Still in my kit with my scarf on though!! Stupid illness! :-)
Are you sure you are awake and have not just dreamed the result? ;)

Guaranteed top 3 as of that win.
Every season now it seems we take those revered three steps.........safety from relegation, finish above the rags, guaranteed top three finish.

Thankfully someone like your good self highlights it, just as a reminder that not so long ago we would have snatched yer hand off for any one of those. Now they dont even register as we strive to improve as a footballing powerhouse.

How far we have come, and how far can we go? I dont know, but whatever happens its a hell of a ride, and I dont ever want to get off.

I don't know what was up with Gundogan but, for me, he was shocking tonight. Bad passes, getting in the way and passing to the ref... it's not like him at all and he's not played too much recently.
I don't think he ever plays well with KdB personally, can't put my finger on why, I didn't think he was that bad tonight, seen worse, but certainly outplayed by KdB.

Mate, we have 6 games to play, we are 1 point in front of the wankiest fans in the history of fandom, and you are keyboard falating them on our fan board.
I wonder if you can guess why your comments are going down like a diarrhea milkshake?
My crime was simply to say our fans were nervous and my point was it would be good if we could get the atmosphere somewhere towards what it was there last night. I'm simply trying to point out the difference and how it could adversely affect the team, but it's been blown out of all proportion. Doesn't matter whether it was Anfield or anywhere else, I'd have said the same if it had been any other club in the same position. The comment wasn't about them and I'm not "falating" anyone, I'm just making a point which many others have made time and time again. I didn't slag anybody off as Dodge suggested, but if people can't take a comment about the reality of the situation that's not my problem. For the record, I can't stand them either but I'm not going to praise fans on here who are slagging players and the manager off time and again when they're giving us the greatest days in our history - even if shock, horror, we have a bad game here and there or we don't win everything. No player is above criticism but some of the posts on here are just embarassing, which is why I quit the matchday thread a few minutes in.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.