Brighton (H) | Post-Match Thread

Possession stats are measured by the number of passes not time.

If there’s 1000 passes in the match and one team makes 600 of them, they have 60% possession.

About 5 years ago Opta worked out that it’s almost identical to measuring time of possession but much more easy to collect so that’s how everyone does it now.
Never knew that.

Good deal of credit must go to Brighton as they played really well and made the game difficult for us. Not many teams can stop us playing out from the back like they did. If they continue to play like they did today, they will cause problems for a lot of opponents this season.
Our passing today was very sloppy and we looked slow trying to get the ball forward.
Thought Bernardo worked his socks off and was our best player. Haaland was great again and at least we have found a sensational striker who will constantly score goals. Great goal from Kev too.
The main thing is, we got the 3 points despite a below par performance.

Judging by this thread I think I’ll skip motd
No, it was a below average performance collectively but the goals are all a joy to behold, so don't miss it.
There was a lot of incident in the first half, which was the better one for us, but I haven't seen City misplace so many passes before. Several put in their worst performances for a long time, so, to win 3-1 when playing like that, against a decent team, is very encouraging.
Maybe it was difficult to be up for this one after the firecracker atmosphere last week, but we seemed to win it without getting out of 2nd gear. Hopefully we can crack on with a winning run right up to the world cup break.
It's the first time I've been able to get up to a match so far this season. Very impressed with Haaland - as expected. I was looking forward to seeing Akanje too for the first time, but he had a poor game today, and I saw the "FFS" Mahrez of a few years ago, rather than the one we enjoyed last season.
Denied by VAR last week; helped this week! 10 points clear of the scousers means they can't catch us, imho. Just got to look forward to Arsenal falling away in the New Year, and it'll be a hat trick of premier leagues - imho.

No, it was a below average performance collectively but the goals are all a joy to behold, so don't miss it.
There was a lot of incident in the first half, which was the better one for us, but I haven't seen City misplace so many passes before. Several put in their worst performances for a long time, so, to win 3-1 when playing like that, against a decent team, is very encouraging.
Maybe it was difficult to be up for this one after the firecracker atmosphere last week, but we seemed to win it without getting out of 2nd gear. Hopefully we can crack on with a winning run right up to the world cup break.
It's the first time I've been able to get up to a match so far this season. Very impressed with Haaland - as expected. I was looking forward to seeing Akanje too for the first time, but he had a poor game today, and I saw the "FFS" Mahrez of a few years ago, rather than the one we enjoyed last season.
Denied by VAR last week; helped this week! 10 points clear of the scousers means they can't catch us, imho. Just got to look forward to Arsenal falling away in the New Year, and it'll be a hat trick of premier leagues - imho.
Not Akanje's fault that Pep played him out of position at RB.

Battle of the presses.

City made too many poor passes but part of that ws down to the pressure put on by the Brighton press.

Thankfully we had two world class players that could make the difference by scoring with great finishes.

He needs to be much better in general. He’s only good in spells, he’s very inconsistent.
Personally I don’t think he will ever reach the level required. I know everyone wants him to but I just don’t see it. As you say, too inconsistent and doesn’t deliver enough.

Good deal of credit must go to Brighton as they played really well and made the game difficult for us. Not many teams can stop us playing out from the back like they did. If they continue to play like they did today, they will cause problems for a lot of opponents this season.
Our passing today was very sloppy and we looked slow trying to get the ball forward.
Thought Bernardo worked his socks off and was our best player. Haaland was great again and at least we have found a sensational striker who will constantly score goals. Great goal from Kev too.
The main thing is, we got the 3 points despite a below par performance.
in a game like that today, it was two bits of sublime quality that made the difference. Imagine that last season. Ederson punts it forward and Sterling has two men to beat to score. Not happening. Haaland made it look like the easiest thing in the world.

Not Akanje's fault that Pep played him out of position at RB.
I'm not getting on his back, just stating what I saw. He's played in that position several times already and looked very good, but, for me, his 2nd half was a shocker, and he didn't look half that player today. Hopefully just an off day, like several others.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.