Brighton (H) | Post-Match Thread

He can’t play 90 minutes, injuries have fucked him, sadly, as he’s a really good player
Caicedo looks a brilliant player, a dirty bastard who can really play as well. Their recruitment is excellent apart from strikers

Lamptey is also ridiculously small, which isn’t a problem against teams like us, but if he moved to City, he’d play a lot more against teams lumping it to big men then he does at Brighton.

If we’re talking young homegrown RBs…Jeremie Frimpong is tearing up trees at Leverkusen.

I thought the possession stats were a bit skewed, Eddie must have had the ball for minutes at a time.

Not a classic performance but a great result. Brighton were never really in the game until they scored, after that they played some good football and I was a bit worried until we got the third.

A few of our players had off days and looked a bit lethargic but still got the 3 points. The goals were all decent.

I'm not sure how much of it was our players being too lax in their positioning and movement but Brighton surprised me when they had their spell on top. Looked like the game was going to turn, Welbeck would have probably scored had Trossard threaded it to him instead of shooting after his run. They can play some good football, when they get going.

Edit: Glad to see it wasn't just me who thought so.

I thought the possession stats were a bit skewed, Eddie must have had the ball for minutes at a time.

Possession stats are measured by the number of passes not time.

If there’s 1000 passes in the match and one team makes 600 of them, they have 60% possession.

About 5 years ago Opta worked out that it’s almost identical to measuring time of possession but much more easy to collect so that’s how everyone does it now.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.