Brighton (H) | Post-Match Thread

Not a classic performance but a great result. Brighton were never really in the game until they scored, after that they played some good football and I was a bit worried until we got the third.

A few of our players had off days and looked a bit lethargic but still got the 3 points. The goals were all decent.
I actually thought we looked better after they scored. It woke us up.. obviously helped by Foden coming on as well

Personally I don’t think he will ever reach the level required. I know everyone wants him to but I just don’t see it. As you say, too inconsistent and doesn’t deliver enough.

in a game like that today, it was two bits of sublime quality that made the difference. Imagine that last season. Ederson punts it forward and Sterling has two men to beat to score. Not happening. Haaland made it look like the easiest thing in the world.
Completely agree. I thought that Ederson was pretty poor today, but that assist from him and finish from Haaland was absolute class.

I thought the possession stats were a bit skewed, Eddie must have had the ball for minutes at a time.
Yep, ironically he deffo should have been booked for time wasting today, even at nil-nil... what was that..?
I note subsequent comments re source of possession stats, which were news to me too..!!

Thank fuck for big Erling. We were bang average today, so many players looked a yard short. The lack of energy amongst our midfield players was why Eddie seemed to be dithering on the ball - nobody was really showing for the ball.

Lailana is an annoying little wanker.
Brighton man marked us all over the pitch. That's why it was hard to play out from the back.

Im watching MOTD right now. What was Sanchez even doing for Haaland's first, the absolute lemon.

Possession stats are measured by the number of passes not time.

If there’s 1000 passes in the match and one team makes 600 of them, they have 60% possession.

About 5 years ago Opta worked out that it’s almost identical to measuring time of possession but much more easy to collect so that’s how everyone does it now.
Today I learned..

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.