Brighton (H) - Wed 20th April, 20:00 | Pre-Match Thread

Match Result Prediction

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
we absolutely can, if we do it for all 7 games
True. I think we can trust the players to know if there’s a chance of scoring a few late goals. But I’d be nervous if they decided to “go for it” at 2-0. Concede 1 and it could get jittery.

I’ve still got happy memories of Palace v Liverpool in 2014 and Liverpool were 3 up, albeit away from home

How do Brighton lose out selling White for 50 million ,cost nothing, Burn for 13 million cost 2.5 million,sounds like good business to me.
Brighton actually look a better team not playing a recognised striker,not that Maupay or Grandad Welbeck can be classed as one in truth,they correctly identified Nunez as a hot prospect 2 years ago but got pipped by Benfica,if they had of got a striker of his calibre then Brighton would probably be top 8 as they play some lovely football, but scoring just 29 goals is simply not enough to get you in to the European spots,unless you win 20 games 1 nil.

Bissouma is a big miss for Brighton but they seem to keep churning out decent midfielders,with Bissouma out I assume they'll play 5 midfield Caciedo (looks a quality player)Lallana MacAllister Mwepu and Cruyff-Grob.

Should be a home win but that said it wouldn't suprise me one jot if this is a draw.
Ben White (attacking defender) would have been the first choice replacement for Bissouma (defensive midfielder) and Dan Burn is a versatile defender often played at left back for Brighton.

I think Webster will replace the missing Bissouma with Lallana on the bench with March (Moder has a season ending injury), Welbeck, Maupay, Alzate, and one other outfield player perhaps Duffy? https://www.whoscored.com/Matches/1...ier-League-2021-2022-Manchester-City-Brighton

Last edited:
If we get a 2 goal lead, we must not stop going for goals. At this stage of the season, we cannot afford to just win, goal difference could play a part. Can see Liverpool winning easily tonight. All we can prayer for, is fluke result.
If we go 2-0 up the plan will be to play keep ball for the rest of the game and conserve energy.

This is not an easy game. They outplayed us second half at their place although that may have been down to the 3-0 lead we had, beat Arsenal and Spurs away and drew with the dippers and Chelsea twice.

Having said that United beat them so they can’t be that good.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.