Brighton & Hove Albion (A) | Post Match Thread

The result was probably fair but the issue was the line up. square pegs etc means players in unfamiliar roles get knackered and injured.
lewis is good on the ball and a good midfielder in the making, but not a left back. Palmer did ok, Mahrez was back to ffs. Walker was really good again, Ortega some good saves but very hesitant. Haaland played well but with very little support. Anyway fuck it. Champions.
Much of tonight was an experiment whilst keeping minutes in legs. That was the point

No mention of any injuries on the main site which is encouraging but we shall see in the coming days.

Play a similar side on Sunday that we did against Chelsea IMO however Pep will like to keep his best eleven on edge.

Brighton were always going to play their game style and given the euphoria of a three peat we were always on a hiding to nothing so all in all we held up well.
The problem is whoever he plays won’t be busting a gut. Personally I wouldn’t play any of the key players in that game. De Bruyne, Haaland, Rodri should be rested.

I know he made some good saves and I’ve been impressed this season but I don’t think Ortega’s kicking out was up to scratch at times tonight and could have been punished.

I can see why it was disallowed but to be fair it goes on in games at every corner these days tugging and pulling,but decisions like that are sucking the life and enjoyment out of the game,wouldn’t be surprised we are on the end of similar in either cup final but far worse ..
If every shirt pull is a foul I am ok with that to be given as a foul. But 95 of of 100 are not given, particularly when it is a defender against attacking player. So, it moves from the realm of game refereeing to the game management, because the decision was based on the outcome. But more importantly, the ref on the pitch didn't see it as a foul but VAR did and they together changed it. Imagine this happening if Arsenal was a point behind, or in the FA cup final. And this is a clear game management by the ref and VAR people, let's fit in our decision making into some narrative. I am actually really pissed off.

I was in the Brighton end for that. The Haaland ‘foul’ looked soft on the replay but couldn’t really tell. Should it have stood?

Brighton are such a great side under De Zerbi but their fans are such morons at times. So many closet rags and dippers.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.