Brighton & Hove Albion (A) | Post Match Thread

The result was probably fair but the issue was the line up. square pegs etc means players in unfamiliar roles get knackered and injured.
lewis is good on the ball and a good midfielder in the making, but not a left back. Palmer did ok, Mahrez was back to ffs. Walker was really good again, Ortega some good saves but very hesitant. Haaland played well but with very little support. Anyway fuck it. Champions.
Makes perfect sense to me to see how players play in different positions to see how they handle it - we might need them from the bench in a big match one day.

A very entertaining and enjoyable game, though we missed too many chances, especially in the first half.

I thought Rico and Phil were excellent; I gave MotM to Rico, as he was on the pitch longer, but several of them played well.

Happy with that, professional performance, no drop in hunger but without busting a gut. Would have preferred key players coming off sooner. Haaland couldn't get 90 minutes earlier on in the season and he plays a full meaningless game. Stones could have come off earlier, hopefully nothing serious there. Don't begrudge Brighton the point one bit, and maintain an undefeated run.

Brighton play some lovely football. They have some very good players but thank god they are absolute garbage up front. You put a proper no.9 in that current team and they're a top 4 team. They're a significantly better football team than utd.

All that being said, haaland finishes his chances we win that game. Sadly pigmol finished their chances instead so we end with a draw. Hoping stones and foden are ok. Foden for me has to start against united in that kind of form.

I was in the Brighton end for that. The Haaland ‘foul’ looked soft on the replay but couldn’t really tell. Should it have stood?

Brighton are such a great side under De Zerbi but their fans are such morons at times. So many closet rags and dippers.
Thought the same about their fans.

Decent enough game.

I hope Pep doesn't rest anymore players, they need to be ready for the FA cup final.

Rested players always find it difficult to get up to speed, i.e. Madrid's rested players were steamrolled by our players who played a few days before.

The problem is whoever he plays won’t be busting a gut. Personally I wouldn’t play any of the key players in that game. De Bruyne, Haaland, Rodri should be rested.

I know he made some good saves and I’ve been impressed this season but I don’t think Ortega’s kicking out was up to scratch at times tonight and could have been punished.
He shouldn't have been given the ball as much, we passed back more than ever tonight

I was in the Brighton end for that. The Haaland ‘foul’ looked soft on the replay but couldn’t really tell. Should it have stood?

Brighton are such a great side under De Zerbi but their fans are such morons at times. So many closet rags and dippers.
It was one of those that you could say was technically a foul, but the goal would have stood 9 times out of 10, it was that soft. The defender did pull/hold (some difference of opinion on here) Haaland first though so if you're going to give a foul for anything it's a penalty. That is why people are unhappy, you can't say one is a foul and one isn't.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.