Brighton & Hove Albion (A) - Wed 24th May, 20:00 | Pre-Match Thread

Match Result Prediction

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
The luxury of not giving a fuck what the result is tonight, love it. Just sit back, relax and see what happens. Enjoy these next two games, as the next two after it will be fucking hell.
Makes a nice change from the last few months where every game has been a must win. Just think how stressed we would've been feeling today going in to this game if Arsenal hadn't lost their last two games.

It's basically the same people who were slagging him off before he ever set one foot on the pitch for us. He's made himself into a full England international so the "he's shite" theory doesn't hold water. He's coming off a long-term injury and surgery into arguably the most tactically demanding set up in football. And by all accounts he appears to be a good guy very much liked by his teammates. What has he done to undermine our season besides not yet bedding in? How about at least waiting to see how he does next season and then drawing some tangible conclusions instead of tripping over yourselves to prove how right you were last Summer. I have to agree, it's so fucking annoying how disrespectful some on here are to Phillips. Not liking his game to date, if that's even possible, shouldn't result in the shameful crap written on here about one of our own.
Bang on.
Phillips hasn't had much game time and had an injury to recover from.
He needs a run in the team to settle himself in.
Other players have had this treatment in the past. Gundogan, Ake, Akanji, Mahrez, Rodri, even Vinnie when he kept getting injured, they've all had varying amounts of abuse aimed towards them.
To me, if a player has been selected to play by Pep, who am I, or anyone to argue?

Hope Stones doesn’t have to play.
Me too, if there's a player needing protection its him and Rodri. If the rumors are true regarding Dias and others not travelling, then just play the kids since its clear nobody cares about this match.

Reactions: CC1
They're not going to play open football. A decent flogging from us will still hurt them given a big Villa win *could* turn it around if we did given they let 5 in against Everton. They'll sit back and hope to pinch a draw so good chance to run a decent team, agree that there's more chance of injury at Brentford so maybe start with the cup team and run them for 60.

Not fussed on the result, would just like to keep everyone fresh and in a decent rhythm

Bang on.
Phillips hasn't had much game time and had an injury to recover from.
He needs a run in the team to settle himself in.
Other players have had this treatment in the past. Gundogan, Ake, Akanji, Mahrez, Rodri, even Vinnie when he kept getting injured, they've all had varying amounts of abuse aimed towards them.
To me, if a player has been selected to play by Pep, who am I, or anyone to argue?
I very much hope that he stays, keeps injury free, and plays an important part in next season much in the same way Jack has done this season after a more difficult first season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.