Brighton & Hove Albion (H) - Sat 22nd Oct, 15:00 | Pre-Match Thread

Match Result Prediction

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
It's not his reaction we should be concerned about but KDB, Cancelo etc. They provided him with very little service.

He doesn't need much. Every game he's played for us up to now with the exception of the Community Shield has demonstrated that. He doesn't even need many touches per goal. He had a few chances. He didn't take them.

Grealish - Haaland - Foden please with De Bruyne just behind. I dont give a fuck who else plays.

although it has to be said how the fuck have we ended up with centre backs filling in at full back again for like the 10th season in a row.

Why do we buy a LB and not play him and why do we use CB's as makeshift fullbacks ?
Because the LB we bought is young and inexperienced and relatively new to being an LB, and is going to take time to bed in with how he's expected to play.

We need to give Gomez game time so he can develop, but his weaknesses are defensive and against top-quality forwards right now it's too much to ask for the rest of the team to compensate for his weaknesses, especially if we're playing Cancelo on the left, who also has some defensive frailties.

We tend to play with one attacking and one defensive fullback, so if we play Cancelo on the left we'll play Walker (or Stones or Akanji) on the right, and if we play Cancelo on the right we'll play Ake or perhaps Laporte on the left.

A Cancelo/Gomez combination is too attacking and lacks defensive solidity against any team that's going to carry a real threat.

Grealish - Haaland - Foden please with De Bruyne just behind. I dont give a fuck who else plays.

although it has to be said how the fuck have we ended up with centre backs filling in at full back again for like the 10th season in a row.
It’s shocking. A real blind spot we have. This Gomez kid has promise but he reminds me of Zinchenko of 5 seasons ago. Very odd signing that one.

I think we have four league games before the big break.
I’d like 10 points minimum so should resume Boxing Day 1st or 2nd.
Someone, someday will ship 10 against us.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.