Bring back the announcer from the Newcastle game.

middleton___blue said:
Just be fortunate we don't have Liverpool's announcer....bloody ell that would be depressing week in week out.

Think he is called George - a mate of mine knows him - agreed very boring voice - hope he is double depressed on Sunday

I Live In A Blue House said:
Dogtanian said:
Slightly off the subject in this thread but something is doing my head in & it is not knowing what the HALF TIME music was called @ the Barca game? Violins, sounded turkisk or even Egyptian??????? Please put me out of my misery:)

Was it not the theme tune to Game of Thrones??

I am just going to check know, thanks Dogtanian:)

Blast, NO it wasn't The Game Of Thrones Theme tune:(Violins Turkish type music?)

Dogtanian said:

Blast, NO it wasn't The Game Of Thrones Theme tune:(Violins Turkish type music?)

You mean this?

[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xu3FTEmN-eg[/video]

Dogtanian said:

Ah right, i know they played got theme tune before the game in a promo, can't really remember any half time music.

Azul Luna said:
I admired enthusiasm and upbeat tone but his voice just went through me. I don't know why, but I grimaced when he spoke.

However, I wouldn't mind him back at all, it's probably just something you have to get used to.

+1

Know what you mean, most of the people around me cringed every time he spoke, he has a voice like fingernails going down a blackboard

I hate the usual announcer. He's a right smarmy bastard. He could barely hide the disgust in his voice when fans went on the pitch during our title wins.

Also hate the way we're announced as 'Ciiiityyyy' when the teams come out instead of 'Manchester City'.

I don't like the way that in the last 2/3 years, they've forgotten the 'Manchester' bit and just blare out 'welcome the teams, XYZ and CITEEEE' as if that is a small crumb of comfort to the long-term fans alienated by all the commercial CityZens nonsense. It's just naff, personally I've never liked Man City but I wish they would mix it up a bit and use our full name a bit more.

I also wonder if they could use an ex player or someone affiliated with the club to do the announcements? A proper manc voice like Lakey or someone like the Goat over the tannoy, would be great in my opinion. Or different people sharing it over a season, say Tueart one week, Summerbee the next and Tony Book etc. I'm sure a lot of people would prefer some club characters doing the job rather than some pitch-perfect, manufactured drama school graduate, a bit like on Saturday? Just a thought.

Azul Luna said:
I admired enthusiasm and upbeat tone but his voice just went through me. I don't know why, but I grimaced when he spoke.

^THIS - he was shrieking like a girl - exactly the same as the Stamford Bridge announcer-with-no-testicles

F*CKING EMBARRASSING!

Whatever happened to the bloke we had the last few years at Maine Rd and first few at the Etihad? He was alright

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.