Bring on the Champions!

If you were allowed a pint in the stands like every other sport im sure you would get more people in earlier, instead the ground will be dead untill a minute before kick off because people want a beer beforehand.

nijinsky's fetlocks said:
No need for gloating and posturing really - just come out and give them a footballing lesson.
Again.
Leave tacky gestures to those with a point to prove - we are champions, we have a class others clearly lack, and we don't have to prove anything to anybody.

In the Words off Golden Boy Gerard " Lets go Again " , thats all we need to fuck em up

"If you were allowed a pint in the stands like every other sport im sure you would get more people in earlier, instead the ground will be dead untill a minute before kick off because people want a beer beforehand."

Correct. Too many people missing when the teams walk out and are introduced over the PA system.
I like a pint or two before the game and somehow manage to get into my seat in time for the teams
walking out. Some are still buying beer at 5 minutes to kick-off !
If Barca fans were like City fans that Club song of theirs would be a waste of time.

Didsbury Dave said:
Wilf Wild 1937 said:
Didsbury Dave said:
then the music kicks in to clips of our title winning goal and Vinny lifting the trophy.

As an aside which goal do people reckon was our title winning goal?

Technically I'd say it was Dzeko's first against Villa as that would have given us the title on goal difference if
we had drawn the last match against West Ham 0-0.

I actually meant to type "goals" because there were a number over those last few weeks.

I'd run with one each from the Palace, Villa, Everton and West Ham game. Each one interspersed with a close up of their fans crying. Especially that one who looked like a frog. Definitely get in there Gerrard saying "We don't let it slip" from here, followed by his slip accompanied by a Carry On style comedy slip whistle.

That would be really funny. The reality is if the positions were reversed they'd do something like that as would their alter egos in Stretford.
City won't; just like we didn't parade the FA Cup when we played Stoke. We are actually too classy, as a club, to take the piss.
The fans on the other hand will let rip!

kramer said:
Will Liverpool form a guard of honnor for the Champions as they enter the stadium for the first home game of the season?

Errrm.... In a word... No.
It's only traditional to do this by teams that are playing the champions elect in the season that they become champions once that they have secured the title and cannot be caught by anyone else.

Carver said:
kramer said:
Will Liverpool form a guard of honnor for the Champions as they enter the stadium for the first home game of the season?

Errrm.... In a word... No.
It's only traditional to do this by teams that are playing the champions elect in the season that they become champions once that they have secured the title and cannot be caught by anyone else.
I think you're correct. I was over for the Southampton game that opened the 2012/13 season and they didn't form a guard of honour for us.

Should be some good chants on the day,hoping for a few (you thot you'd won the league,you were wrong,you were wrong).Any other ideas.

As someone mentioned on a different thread, let's sing 'You're not Champions anymore!'

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.