Bring the Noise

Atmosphere is atrocious. Flat is an understatement. The players must know this. I was watching 110/111 and 116 normally mental and even they were a lot less noisy.
Getting a bit sick of it. I was shouting a few things hardly a song all day. I’m about 20 sears from away fans in 216.

Truly dire today. Even SS3 was struggling. 'Stand up for the champions' was the only chant to muster any noise. Maybe it woke a few people up in CB2.
A mate gave me his tickets for a cup match in CB2 last season and there was a woman in front of us doing her knitting. It seemed to largely consist of the Cheshire set discussing who had the bigger house renovation project underway.

What all the moaning 16 year olds on here don’t realise is that routine league games in October against mediocrie opponents in the pissin rain at stupid early o clock are not conducive to creating bedlam in the stadium.

Listen up kids, every time you fuck your girl she’s not gonna scream the house down, every time you go for a run you don’t get a PB, every time you eat a meal it’s not delicious.
Sorry to shatter your youthful dreams but life is long stretches of mundanity punctuated by brief but memorable moments of excitement.

Same bloke, same time (74 mins), left on my row today.

I don’t understand it at all.

He did it in tight games during the run in last season too, always 74 mins.
When will people get it into there heads, no matter what time match is on, some people can't help themselves but try to beat the rush at end of the match. 12.30 match is classic example. Early game no need to worry about catching last train/bus home, you can saunter out plenty of time to go shopping/pub/collect kids. People just have some underlying urge to get ahead of the crowd. Weird but true. Imo..

When will people get it into there heads, no matter what time match is on, some people can't help themselves but try to beat the rush at end of the match. 12.30 match is classic example. Early game no need to worry about catching last train/bus home, you can saunter out plenty of time to go shopping/pub/collect kids. People just have some underlying urge to get ahead of the crowd. Weird but true. Imo..

Today I purposefully waited to clap the team off and held in a piss until full time to waste time.

That meant by the time I got to the car the traffic had died down because most had left early and gone.

I reckon we have the worst fans in the country for leaving early.

Last edited:
1st half was dire.
2nd half was decent.
Kippax corner was up for it today in the 2nd half after we scored.
South stand signing section was ok, but muted throughout the match.

We do seem to be getting quieter, with the vast majority of the crowd not singing, bar the odd, “come on City, come City!”, every now and again.

It doesn’t help not having new chants which people latch on to and get going.

We’ve got numerous old and new players who don’t have chants.

Walker, Rodri, Zinchenko, Cancelo, Mendy, Mahrez, Gungodan, etc.

Even players who play often and score goals, either don’t get either chants sung often, or don’t have a chant. Jesus, Gundogan.

Sterling is a prime example of where we’re at with player chants.

When we’re not top of the league Sterling doesn’t get a chant, because his chant is restricted to City and Raheem being top of the league. The single Raheem first name chant isn’t sung anymore.

We’ve discussed this topic to death over the years, and it’s still being discussed. The club have tried things, 1894 are still trying things, but as a fan base we just don’t seem to be bothered about supporting the team and creating an atmosphere anymore, unless it’s either a big game or until we’re a few goals up.

That was one terrible atmosphere yesterday.

Unless it’s one of the big games of the season (United Liverpool SpursCL and Leicester were all incredible atmospheres last season!) our atmosphere is the worst in the country.

And where was everyone rushing off to at 14:00 on a Saturday afternoon that meant about 1/5th of the crowd had disappeared by the time the board went up?

Yet again they were queueing up down the aisle to get out of SSL3 on 84minutes.

We have got some very poor supporters!

Last edited by a moderator:
1st half was dire.
2nd half was decent.
Kippax corner was up for it today in the 2nd half after we scored.
South stand signing section was ok, but muted throughout the match.

We do seem to be getting quieter, with the vast majority of the crowd not singing, bar the odd, “come on City, come City!”, every now and again.

It doesn’t help not having new chants which people latch on to and get going.

We’ve got numerous old and new players who don’t have chants.

Walker, Rodri, Zinchenko, Cancelo, Mendy, Mahrez, Gungodan, etc.

Even players who play often and score goals, either don’t get either chants sung often, or don’t have a chant. Jesus, Gundogan.

Sterling is a prime example of where we’re at with player chants.

When we’re not top of the league Sterling doesn’t get a chant, because his chant is restricted to City and Raheem being top of the league. The single Raheem first name chant isn’t sung anymore.

We’ve discussed this topic to death over the years, and it’s still being discussed. The club have tried things, 1894 are still trying things, but as a fan base we just don’t seem to be bothered about supporting the team and creating an atmosphere anymore, unless it’s either a big game or until we’re a few goals up.
It’s City chants that are the ones everyone joins in with. All the chants about the club name are the best known and biggest chants that everyone knows. Very very few people around the ground get involved with individual player chants.

Players come and go and so do their chants and loads of fans never bother learning, never mind joining in with, player chants.

But chants about the club are the mainstays for decades... yet we never make any new ones up about City. We might have had two or three new chants about City in about a quarter of a century.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.