Bring the Noise

Doesn’t help when you have all the peado stewards staring at you for 90 minutes in 114. There absolutely obsessed by wanting to throw someone out at games like yesterday and puts people off doing anything that will bring attention to yourselves
The rediculous obsessive checking of everyone’s ticket in there also has ruined recent weeks after spurs when it was carnage

What all the moaning 16 year olds on here don’t realise is that routine league games in October against mediocrie opponents in the pissin rain at stupid early o clock are not conducive to creating bedlam in the stadium.

Listen up kids, every time you fuck your girl she’s not gonna scream the house down, every time you go for a run you don’t get a PB, every time you eat a meal it’s not delicious.
Sorry to shatter your youthful dreams but life is long stretches of mundanity punctuated by brief but memorable moments of excitement.

I think that’s a record number of excuses in one sentence lol. There hasn’t been a home atmosphere at the last 3 home games including (Wolves and Atalanta). I can understand if the 1884 guys have given up the ghost for all but the biggest games.its not easy carrying the rest of the stadium!

1st half was dire.
2nd half was decent.
Kippax corner was up for it today in the 2nd half after we scored.
South stand signing section was ok, but muted throughout the match.

We do seem to be getting quieter, with the vast majority of the crowd not singing, bar the odd, “come on City, come City!”, every now and again.

It doesn’t help not having new chants which people latch on to and get going.

We’ve got numerous old and new players who don’t have chants.

Walker, Rodri, Zinchenko, Cancelo, Mendy, Mahrez, Gungodan, etc.

Even players who play often and score goals, either don’t get either chants sung often, or don’t have a chant. Jesus, Gundogan.

Sterling is a prime example of where we’re at with player chants.

When we’re not top of the league Sterling doesn’t get a chant, because his chant is restricted to City and Raheem being top of the league. The single Raheem first name chant isn’t sung anymore.

We’ve discussed this topic to death over the years, and it’s still being discussed. The club have tried things, 1894 are still trying things, but as a fan base we just don’t seem to be bothered about supporting the team and creating an atmosphere anymore, unless it’s either a big game or until we’re a few goals up.
All true. A game where City fans just sit back and watch the football is the result of watching a very successful side. We'll also though by the token have some very big and important games to look forward to as a result of winning games like we did yesterday and in midweek against Atalanta.

It’s City chants that are the ones everyone joins in with. All the chants about the club name are the best known and biggest chants that everyone knows. Very very few people around the ground get involved with individual player chants.

Players come and go and so do their chants and loads of fans never bother learning, never mind joining in with, player chants.

But chants about the club are the mainstays for decades... yet we never make any new ones up about City. We might have had two or three new chants about City in about a quarter of a century.

Yes agree with this. People moan about songs like Blue Moon etc but these are the songs which draw other people in and therefore become typically the loudest chant of the day.

Not knocking the singing section at all but it is frankly pointless singing songs like the Edin Dzeko song if you want to improve the atmosphere. It will never travel round the ground, never has and so not sure what the point is really.

Keep it simple. Come on city at corners, City chants, we love you city, stand up for the champions etc during the game and Blue Moon at the start and end of the game etc. It will travel better and get others who sing infrequently, more actively involved.

Last edited:
It’s City chants that are the ones everyone joins in with. All the chants about the club name are the best known and biggest chants that everyone knows. Very very few people around the ground get involved with individual player chants.

Players come and go and so do their chants and loads of fans never bother learning, never mind joining in with, player chants.

But chants about the club are the mainstays for decades... yet we never make any new ones up about City. We might have had two or three new chants about City in about a quarter of a century.

We constantly sang about the players. Kompany, Zab, Sergio, etc. They went around the ground, Now it’s the odd Silva, De Bruyne, Fern and Ederson chant. Stones only got a half hearted chant yesterday when he went down injured. Bar those few chants, I don’t recall any of the other players getting a chant yesterday.

Atmosphere getting worse every year. Not bothered what the Villa fans were singing tbh but at least they were making some noise. Players must think they are playing in a library. None of the City fans were singing yesterday and then there was the mass exodus on 80 minutes of early leavers. Not sure what the club can do - it's up to the match going fans to change it and step up and give the club decent support in terms of vocal backing.

I’ve said it many times and I don’t think it’s going to change, but I’m still going to continue to say it; but you couldn’t put the Singing Section in a worse place in the ground if you tried.

And it’s too small. There are National League (and even National League North/South) grounds with bigger vocal stands than what we have in that couple of blocks in SSL1.

So unless it’s a big game and the rest of the ground are up for it, the Singing Section is too isolated next to the away fans and next to the Colin Bell, and too small in numbers to make any sort of consistent impact on the atmosphere at the Etihad.

Then what doesn’t help is that the poor lads who are always singing in the Singing Section are surrounded by statues with their arms folded not singing at all. YOU’RE IN THE SINGING SECTION - SING!

Our Singing Section is like putting an iPhone speaker next to a giant gig speaker with the way many away fans are up for it in the away section.

And then the rest of the ground are a fucking joke unless it’s a big game. Many just turn up, sit down and go home without doing anything at all to contribute to the occasion. They aren’t supporters, they’re just spectators.

The general trend of the atmosphere is getting worse as well. I also blame the club for the constant price hikes as we see long standing fans dropping away from our support every year. I’d love to know the number of different fans we have now compared to the start of this decade. But it’s not just that, it’s that the Manchester City Football Club fans are becoming ever increasingly apathetic!

When fans used to sing “your support is fucking shit” I used to give it the old “aaaaaaaaahh, wankers” at them, now I’m nodding at them and saying “yep!”

I think that’s a record number of excuses in one sentence lol. There hasn’t been a home atmosphere at the last 3 home games including (Wolves and Atalanta). I can understand if the 1884 guys have given up the ghost for all but the biggest games.its not easy carrying the rest of the stadium!
It’s true though. Even if 1884 sing songs, which there were some people singing yesterday in 115, unless a lot more are up for it then that’s what it always will be like for games like that. Rain, lunch time kick off, shit opposition, flat performance from the team, it was always going to be a poor atmosphere. Next week will probably be the same. Then we have 3 home games that should be bouncing.

I’ve said it many times and I don’t think it’s going to change, but I’m still going to continue to say it; but you couldn’t put the Singing Section in a worse place in the ground if you tried.

And it’s too small. There are National League (and even National League North/South) grounds with bigger vocal stands than what we have in that couple of blocks in SSL1.

So unless it’s a big game and the rest of the ground are up for it, the Singing Section is too isolated next to the away fans and next to the Colin Bell, and too small in numbers to make any sort of consistent impact on the atmosphere at the Etihad.

Then what doesn’t help is that the poor lads who are always singing in the Singing Section are surrounded by statues with their arms folded not singing at all. YOU’RE IN THE SINGING SECTION - SING!

Our Singing Section is like putting an iPhone speaker next to a giant gig speaker with the way many away fans are up for it in the away section.

And then the rest of the ground are a fucking joke unless it’s a big game. Many just turn up, sit down and go home without doing anything at all to contribute to the occasion. They aren’t supporters, they’re just spectators.

The general trend of the atmosphere is getting worse as well. I also blame the club for the constant price hikes as we see long standing fans dropping away from our support every year. I’d love to know the number of different fans we have now compared to the start of this decade. But it’s not just that, it’s that the Manchester City Football Club fans are becoming ever increasingly apathetic!

When fans used to sing “your support is fucking shit” I used to give it the old “aaaaaaaaahh, wankers” at them, now I’m nodding at them and saying “yep!”
Churn rate on seasoncards is very low. Something like 2%. My block is 100% seasoncard only. I know that all the seasoncard holders who sit around me are long-standing blues who go back to Maine Rd.

I share your frustration too, but I also recall Maine Rd. There's always been games like yesterday in every era. Not really sure that there is a general change going on. After all Atalanta were loud as were Villa.

We constantly sang about the players. Kompany, Zab, Sergio, etc. They went around the ground, Now it’s the odd Silva, De Bruyne, Fern and Ederson chant. Stones only got a half hearted chant yesterday when he went down injured. Bar those few chants, I don’t recall any of the other players getting a chant yesterday.

Some are decent chants JRB and easy to sing along with like the Vincent Kompany, Pep Guardiola and Raheem Sterling top of the league. These chants drag other people in because there simple and by there very nature are pretty upbeat.

The Dzeko song on the other hand is dreary, difficult to sing and bizarrely we sing his name more now than we ever did when he played for us. Those energies should be spent encouraging the team and the players now especially as he was not a legend in the same context as Bell, Kompany etc.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.