Bring the Noise

Blue Moon was great today along with other time served classics.

I would rather have the Edin Dzeko song sang than silence, which is the case at some games. I think there is room for Bluemoon, the Viking song and the Balotelli and Dzeko songs

Good point Tim but if we want to improve the atmosphere why not sing the songs which get others involved?

Its counter intuitive but by singing the Dzeko song it actually worsens the atmosphere as the louder songs dont get started, and the vast majority of the crowd wont join in with the Dzeko chant.

As usual the loudest chant of the day was Blue Moon. Lets keep that going, its our anthem, synonymous with the club and encourages others to participate.

Not song enough and replaced by rubbish songs about Edin Dzeko only one block bother to sing

Agree, mate.

I don’t want to come across like some kind of internet song police idiot, and sometimes I barely notice the atmosphere, but I have noticed that the south stand have this weird tendency to start exactly the wrong song at the wrong time.

If we’ve just gone a goal behind or are not playing well it’s the time to get the ground behind the team, with a Blue Moon or Come on City, not start clapping along with “we never win at home and we never win away” or “never felt more like singing the blues”. Those songs won’t catch on.

The second half was much better today though.

Agree, mate.

I don’t want to come across like some kind of internet song police idiot, and sometimes I barely notice the atmosphere, but I have noticed that the south stand have this weird tendency to start exactly the wrong song at the wrong time.

If we’ve just gone a goal behind or are not playing well it’s the time to get the ground behind the team, with a Blue Moon or Come on City, not start clapping along with “we never win at home and we never win away” or “never felt more like singing the blues”. Those songs won’t catch on.

The second half was much better today though.

No same here and I take my hats off to those lads for making a fist of it every week.

There was one moment, as you have described today, when the crowd was stirred up and then the ‘Nobody better than Pep and Arteta’ started and the moment was lost and the energy was lost.

It was a decent effort today though, so no complaints.

No same here and I take my hats off to those lads for making a fist of it every week.

There was one moment as you have described today when the crowd was stirred up and then the ‘Nobody better than Pep and Arteta’ started and the moment was lost.
It happens a lot, I’ve noticed. It happened straight after they went 1-0 up and they started “we never win at home”. As you say, they are making an effort but the clapalong songs might get going in a couple of blocks, but in the Upper tiers where I sit they only join in with the anthem type songs unless it’s a massive game. And that’s real atmosphere, when it booms around the ground.

Pep commented on it, too. I reckon the flat atmosphere in some games really bugs him.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.