Bring the Noise

I'm in 105, and for the same reason as you, I will only relocate if we build a Spurs type safe standing wall in the North Stand.

(You may already know me. When 'Stand up for the Champions' starts I'm always first (and sometimes only one) on my feet :-))

Just a discussion mate please don't take me wrong. We aren't going to get a spurs type wall for at least 5 years, that's unofficial but waiting for a wall is a long time off.

We have to try to get people to relocate, so far three people have said no and nobody has come forward to say yes I would move. Ok BM is far away from being the whole of our fan base but it represents how fans feel. We are not going to improve the atmosphere if we don't move, how much do we want a better atmosphere ?

There are fans on BM week in week out saying "poor atmosphere" try this or try that, or "what about the singing section". Our singing section is made up of individual manchester city singing fans, unless we stand together we are going to be posting on here for a long time that we are fed up of people around us on phones, tourists or people with hands in pockets.

Just a discussion mate please don't take me wrong. We aren't going to get a spurs type wall for at least 5 years, that's unofficial but waiting for a wall is a long time off.

We have to try to get people to relocate, so far three people have said no and nobody has come forward to say yes I would move. Ok BM is far away from being the whole of our fan base but it represents how fans feel. We are not going to improve the atmosphere if we don't move, how much do we want a better atmosphere ?

There are fans on BM week in week out saying "poor atmosphere" try this or try that, or "what about the singing section". Our singing section is made up of individual manchester city singing fans, unless we stand together we are going to be posting on here for a long time that we are fed up of people around us on phones, tourists or people with hands in pockets.

I'm only explaining why I haven't joined you in 115. I've watched every single game in the 'new' stadium from the same seat and I'll only move it the club price me out by turning it corporate, or we get a safe standing wall in the North stand (if ever).

In the meantime I'll support you by joining in from 105 as often as possible.

Was my suggestion for clearing out the non-singers in 115 (leaflet and priority during relocation) a complete non-starter?

Just as a side note (as someone who organises the singing sections). If you're reading this thread, you want to improve the atmosphere, but don't necessarily want to change seats, I'd definitely recommend testing the water by relocating for one or two games with us. If we can demonstrate to the club that we can relocate 100+ fans, it puts us in a better position with the club moving forward.

I moved my season ticket away from my brother and my dad, away from the seats we'd been in since the stadium move. I've not regretted it. I've made some great mates being involved in 1894 and you get to know new faces quickly in the ground.

Yes, every single great English atmosphere is better than any drum-lead atmosphere. Hands down, bar none, not even close! But, like I said, we just aren’t consistent with it... at all.

After every drum lead atmosphere I’ve ever been to live or watched on tele, within five minutes I (and many other people) have had e-fucking-nough of the incessant banging on the drum. They’re awful! Drums at football would be one of the three things I’d put in Room 101 if I could.

I’ve left the Etihad buzzing after our atmospheres when they’re good (again, we just aren’t consistent with it); yet I’ve left grounds saying “thank fuck I can’t hear that fucking drum anymore” and everyone with me has agreed.

I don’t know a single person who likes drum-lead atmospheres from the group of mates I go to the match with (and we aren’t miserable FOCs in any way, we are active singers aged between about 22-50) and others who’ve joined in with conversations about it when moaning about how fucking annoying Bayern/Gladbach/Shalke or whoever have been.

I find it utterly bizarre that our answer to strive to have our great atmospheres more often is to divert away from everything we do to make our atmospheres great on those handful of games and bring in something that half of our whole support will hate.

In answer to why is a drum cheesy or cringey, just look at the clowns who call themselves Ultras around Europe. A load of knobheads dressed up like children with silly masks, daft hats, job lot buy-200-get-them-for-£2.99-each t-shirts with shit slogans on them, singing fucking monotonously shit songs with no words to an ear bleeding drum beat. They’re the 2010s equivalent of the 1990s Magaluf lads who’d all went on holiday with those shit t-shirts with nicknames on.

We should be looking for the answer to get our great atmospheres more often, not strive to be like these cheesy twats.

Have to disagree with the bit in bold. Pretty much every top division in South America has teams who'd be the best fans in Europe. Fans from the likes of River Plate or Boca Juniors create a better atmosphere week in week out than we've ever had in our entire history.

I agree with your last point. The megaphone could encourage a better atmosphere more often, couldn't it? We're constantly trying to figure out how to improve the atmosphere, but it's a lot easier said than done.

I think the Ultras route is the way to go.

I’m from up north and the scene has really taken off in Glasgow with the Green Brigade and the Union Bears. Regular fan marches and proper organised fan displays funded by the supporters. About 12/13 years ago when these groups started, they were looked on as embarrassments, fast forward to now and they lead their respective supports vocally home and away, front and centre.

The Celtic board have really helped the GB even though they have regular disagreements. Along with the Union Bears at Rangers who have completely grown out of their section. 2300 other season ticket holders put their name forward for a safe standing section, but the board are being scared into what it might grow into. So they’re reluctantly holding back.

And for those against the drum and the megaphone, it works all round Europe, why can’t it work at Man City? There needs to be a more positive mindset.

Get involved folks! You could look back in 20 years and say that’s what I helped create. I know if I was down South I’d be getting involved. Once a there is a proper assembly of like minded people, the youth will come and keep filtering through. It happens all round Europe.

I think the drums a great idea as it will get the singing sections together singing the same songs. The megaphone as seen elsewhere in Europe can be amazing for getting chants and raising the atmosphere (look at Celtic). Also think fans should march together before the game from town or Mary ds and get the atmosphere going before kick off.

I’m from up north and the scene has really taken off in Glasgow with the Green Brigade and the Union Bears. Regular fan marches and proper organised fan displays funded by the supporters. About 12/13 years ago when these groups started, they were looked on as embarrassments, fast forward to now and they lead their respective supports vocally home and away, front and centre.

The Celtic board have really helped the GB even though they have regular disagreements. Along with the Union Bears at Rangers who have completely grown out of their section. 2300 other season ticket holders put their name forward for a safe standing section, but the board are being scared into what it might grow into. So they’re reluctantly holding back.

And for those against the drum and the megaphone, it works all round Europe, why can’t it work at Man City? There needs to be a more positive mindset.

Get involved folks! You could look back in 20 years and say that’s what I helped create. I know if I was down South I’d be getting involved. Once a there is a proper assembly of like minded people, the youth will come and keep filtering through. It happens all round Europe.

We have our own set of Ultras, they're called City Matters (CM) and they recently addressed the issue of smoking in the toilets.

Seriously though I couldn't agree more. We need an independent group, who has no official link to the club (and doesn't want one) and is therefore able to put pressure on the club without being beholden in any way.

Get the drums and megaphone and everything else in the stadium, whatever helps. We'll gain some fans and we'll lose some fans. We'll gain more than we lose. Short term, it'll looking cringeworthy and needless tripe, 10 years on rivals would be jealous. Someone has to set to trend here, just like others have set the trends in different places. If we remain confused and unconvinced or even embarrassed, it'll fail and if we remain blindingly positive, it'll succeed.

It's a pity you can't get people who don't actually have season tickets to get tickets in your area rather than only people who move from other parts of the ground.

The club only releases a very few new season tickets each year now. Perhaps you could get the club to release some to you to sell to lads (who want to sing or get involved) you know who don't have season cards.

Just a thought

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.