Bring the Noise

Great english atmosphere? Haha compared to other leagues the Pl is nowhere near, maybe on big games but not even close otherwise. I remember a Watford game where they used a drum, it made the atmosphere better instantly. Why do you care so much what we use to make the atmosphere better? What makes it "cheesy" or "cringey"? The atmosphere needs to improve and people are trying. The way it sounds is you want everyone to go watch the game like a movie and come back, because if it continues like this it soon will be.
Yes, every single great English atmosphere is better than any drum-lead atmosphere. Hands down, bar none, not even close! But, like I said, we just aren’t consistent with it... at all.

After every drum lead atmosphere I’ve ever been to live or watched on tele, within five minutes I (and many other people) have had e-fucking-nough of the incessant banging on the drum. They’re awful! Drums at football would be one of the three things I’d put in Room 101 if I could.

I’ve left the Etihad buzzing after our atmospheres when they’re good (again, we just aren’t consistent with it); yet I’ve left grounds saying “thank fuck I can’t hear that fucking drum anymore” and everyone with me has agreed.

I don’t know a single person who likes drum-lead atmospheres from the group of mates I go to the match with (and we aren’t miserable FOCs in any way, we are active singers aged between about 22-50) and others who’ve joined in with conversations about it when moaning about how fucking annoying Bayern/Gladbach/Shalke or whoever have been.

I find it utterly bizarre that our answer to strive to have our great atmospheres more often is to divert away from everything we do to make our atmospheres great on those handful of games and bring in something that half of our whole support will hate.

In answer to why is a drum cheesy or cringey, just look at the clowns who call themselves Ultras around Europe. A load of knobheads dressed up like children with silly masks, daft hats, job lot buy-200-get-them-for-£2.99-each t-shirts with shit slogans on them, singing fucking monotonously shit songs with no words to an ear bleeding drum beat. They’re the 2010s equivalent of the 1990s Magaluf lads who’d all went on holiday with those shit t-shirts with nicknames on.

We should be looking for the answer to get our great atmospheres more often, not strive to be like these cheesy twats.

Yes, every single great English atmosphere is better than any drum-lead atmosphere. Hands down, bar none, not even close! But, like I said, we just aren’t consistent with it... at all.

After every drum lead atmosphere I’ve ever been to live or watched on tele, within five minutes I (and many other people) have had e-fucking-nough of the incessant banging on the drum. They’re awful! Drums at football would be one of the three things I’d put in Room 101 if I could.

I’ve left the Etihad buzzing after our atmospheres when they’re good (again, we just aren’t consistent with it); yet I’ve left grounds saying “thank fuck I can’t hear that fucking drum anymore” and everyone with me has agreed.

I don’t know a single person who likes drum-lead atmospheres from the group of mates I go to the match with (and we aren’t miserable FOCs in any way, we are active singers aged between about 22-50) and others who’ve joined in with conversations about it when moaning about how fucking annoying Bayern/Gladbach/Shalke or whoever have been.

I find it utterly bizarre that our answer to strive to have our great atmospheres more often is to divert away from everything we do to make out atmospheres great on those handful of games and being in something that half of our whole support will hate.

In answer to why is a drum cheesy or cringey, just look at the clowns who call themselves Ultras around Europe. A load of knobheads dressed up like children with silly masks, daft hats, job lot buy-200-get-them-for-£2.99-each t-shirts with shit slogans on them, singing fucking monotonously shit songs with no words to an ear bleeding drum beat. They’re the 2010s equivalent of the 1990s Magaluf lads who’d all go on holiday with those shit t-shirts with nicknames on.

We should be looking for the answer to get out great atmospheres more often, not strive to be like these cheesy twats.

To put your mind at rest buddy, just put in last post above that the drum is going to be kept in the stores. As we are a drum does not fit our style of grouping and singing.

If you could relocate to 115 / 114 next season would you and how many of your mates would come down ?

Lets move away from drums bums and tums discussions :)

I find it utterly bizarre that our answer to strive to have our great atmospheres more often is to divert away from everything we do to make our atmospheres great on those handful of games and bring in something that half of our whole support will hate.

In answer to why is a drum cheesy or cringey, just look at the clowns who call themselves Ultras around Europe. A load of knobheads dressed up like children with silly masks, daft hats, job lot buy-200-get-them-for-£2.99-each t-shirts with shit slogans on them, singing fucking monotonously shit songs with no words to an ear bleeding drum beat. They’re the 2010s equivalent of the 1990s Magaluf lads who’d all went on holiday with those shit t-shirts with nicknames on.

We should be looking for the answer to get our great atmospheres more often, not strive to be like these cheesy twats.
Best rant since @malg threw a hissy a while back; )

To put your mind at rest buddy, just put in last post above that the drum is going to be kept in the stores. As we are a drum does not fit our style of grouping and singing.

If you could relocate to 115 / 114 next season would you and how many of your mates would come down ?

Lets move away from drums bums and tums discussions :)
There’s already two of my mates on the back row in 115. And a few more in SSL1 dotted about.

I have the best view in world football right in the middle of the block on the halfway line in 105. That little effort of a vocal stand isn’t going to entice me away from where I am I’m afraid, not unless something special is built as a vocal stand will I be moving from where I am. However me and the lads I sit with in 105 do join in with every single song that’s sung that we can hear either by SSL1 or the Kippax Corner (was always better when the vocal stand was the Kippax Corner though).

There’s already two of my mates on the back row in 115. And a few more in SSL1 dotted about.

I have the best view in world football right in the middle of the block on the halfway line in 105. That little effort of a vocal stand isn’t going to entice me away from where I am I’m afraid, not unless something special is built as a vocal stand will I be moving from where I am. However me and the lads I sit with in 105 do join in with every single song that’s sung that we can hear either by SSL1 or the Kippax Corner (was always better when the vocal stand was the Kippax Corner though).
I'm in 110 with a few ex kippax diehard FOC's who get many of the songs going. It's often the apathetic younger ****s glued to their phone that can't be arsed joining in.

I'm in 110 with a few ex kippax diehard FOC's who get many of the songs going. It's often the apathetic younger ****s glued to their phone that can't be arsed joining in.
If they took the phones off everyone aged 15 - 35 we might stand a better chance of a better atmosphere. That said they wouldn't know what to do without them

I know its hard to move and we are in the habit of sitting / standing where we are. But if we don't try our best and move it wont work.

As it stands we sing from three areas mainly, kind of jack of all trades master of non, we struggle to make one decent group of singers out of the three.

If we can get 50% of kippax singers / 50% of SS3 singers and who ever else from the rest of the stands in 114 / 115 we will make a right din.

Due to ticket availability 114 / 115 is the only place we can group, also it is the best place for displays / flags.

Begging folk to try their best and consider a move, if we don't then this thread will reach 5,000 posts and still the same old chat in 3 years time.

Once we group and sing very loud from 115 it will travel and be a platform for those in SS3 and all over to join in. The odd game "bluemoon" belts out and echo's round the stadium, makes hairs on the back of your neck stand up. We could be like that every game.

I'm in 105, and for the same reason as you, I will only relocate if we build a Spurs type safe standing wall in the North Stand.

(You may already know me. When 'Stand up for the Champions' starts I'm always first (and sometimes only one) on my feet :-))

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.