Bring the Noise

Just on the way back from wolves. They were quiet for a bit but it makes a massive fucking difference having a whole stand together who sing. City need to sort it out

100% correct.

They were quiet when we scored. But before our goals, and when they scored, their support was fantastic. Best home support I’ve heard all season. Everyone in the stand behind the goal was singing. How many does that stand hold? 10,000? Maybe less? That got the other 3 stands singing. All 4 Stand were joining in. It was a wall of noise at times.

The only down side to their support was the constant moaning, complaining, and shouting for every decision. As well as spending 1/3 of the match trying to windup City fans instead of watching the match. Especially those above the way end. Wolves fans reminded me of Stoke fans. They were a throwback to the 80’s.

Last edited:
The officials decisions were the reason Wolves support was so ferocious , they are'nt like that every game , they were frustrated , but we need to get behind our lads for the next three home games , waiting to be entertained isnt going to work because the players will be knackered after playing with ten men for 80 odd minutes less than 2 days ago.

The officials decisions were the reason Wolves support was so ferocious , they are'nt like that every game , they were frustrated , but we need to get behind our lads for the next three home games , waiting to be entertained isnt going to work because the players will be knackered after playing with ten men for 80 odd minutes less than 2 days ago.

They certainly weren’t as loud when we played there last season, but whatever the reason this time they were comfortably the noisiest home support I’ve heard all season. As @jrb says, having a single tier stand behind the goal helps hugely as it’s easy for chants to spread, whereas we have a mish mash of stands and corporates in between the loudest part of the ground.

They certainly weren’t as loud when we played there last season, but whatever the reason this time they were comfortably the noisiest home support I’ve heard all season. As @jrb says, having a single tier stand behind the goal helps hugely as it’s easy for chants to spread, whereas we have a mish mash of stands and corporates in between the loudest part of the ground.

Ive stood in the singing section a few times this year , and its great , you can vent your spleen without getting dirty looks from surrounding supporters , the only problem is the section isnt big enough , we should have the whole lower tier behind the goal which would help the atmosphere.

100% correct.

They were quiet when we scored. But before our goals, and when they scored, their support was fantastic. Best home support I’ve heard all season. Everyone in the stand behind the goal was singing. How many does that stand hold? 10,000? Maybe less? That got the other 3 stands singing. All 4 Stand were joining in. It was a wall of noise at times.

The only down side to their support was the constant moaning, complaining, and shouting for every decision. As well as spending 1/3 of the match trying to windup City fans instead of watching the match. Especially those above the way end. Wolves fans reminded me of Stoke fans. They were a throwback to the 80’s.
On TV it sounded good.
Couldn’t help thinking that it was a throwback to when many Continental Europeans arrived and dived, cried, feigned injuries for the slightest thing. As you say winding their fans up to a frenzy.
We, of course, don’t even fall over when fouled.

Ive stood in the singing section a few times this year , and its great , you can vent your spleen without getting dirty looks from surrounding supporters , the only problem is the section isnt big enough , we should have the whole lower tier behind the goal which would help the atmosphere.

Yeah, although we’ve got ongoing issues with people in the singing section not singing, it’s often decent in there and bouncing but then you come away from the ground to sometimes find that hardly anyone else from other sections bothered to join in. If the CB stand, for example, had more fans like @Eccles Blue then we wouldn’t even be having a conversation about the lack of atmosphere.

100% correct.

I can cope with them winding our fans up. For me, that’s part and parcel of it and it’s not like our fans don’t wind up the away fans at our place.

Incidentally, I speak to a Wolves fan on the phone at work and City is his favourite away game. Said he loves the banter with the home fans.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.