Bring the Noise

Let’s get some perspective about City fans and our support.

Sorry mate. It’s a football forum. If you’re looking for perspective you’ve come to the wrong place.

We have the quietest stadium in the world, our fans leave earlier than everybody else’s, the commentators, media, referees, the FA and UEFA all hate us, all of our cup draws are fixed and the world is full of United fans.

Stay in your singing section bubble mate and pat yourselves on the back, from someone not in the singing section I heard

118-120 making noise
110/111 making noise
Family stand suprisingly making noise
Colin bell joining on with 118-120
East stand getting involved.

Singing section was good but so was everywhere else and tbf most chants that carried round the ground in SSL were started by 110/111 and 118-120 as per.

I will be honest cannot comment on anywhere bit Lvl 1 as that is where I am, sure lvls 2/3 had people too singing their hearts out and good on them.

Oh I forgot 115 were probably not silent but were singing Edin Dzecko to themselves and ignoring those singing better songs

Think you're being a bit harsh on 115 there. I'm not going to slag off any other section of the ground for yesterday. Was brilliant at times. Have to make the point that having an atmosphere like that is par for the course when we beat a top 6 team 6-0.

As a proud 115er I'd just like to make the point that the block is CONSISTENTLY the most vocal part of the ground. Week in, week out. So we sing one song you're not keen on. Could be worse, we could be singing our American version of Baby Shark! I can even agree with 110/111 helping songs spread round the ground (helps with the acoustics - SSL3 can hear them more clearly, once they join in it spreads). 118/120 are no way near comparable to either of the others mentioned. Some good singing, but nothing like 115 or 110/111. I've sat in other parts of the ground as well (CBL3, Family Stand) and you can clearly hear 115.

I was just coming to search for this thread.

That was the best singing atmosphere of the season, yesterday.

The Liverpool game had more intensity and booing but we only really sung in that game in the first five minutes and a few minutes after each goal.

Yesterday there wasn’t a five minute gap between songs at any point and for long stretches it was song after song.

We'd just routed Chelsea 6-0 and the place was fucking deserted as the players came off. Sign of the times I know but we're abysmal at being there to show our appreciation.
That was the only bad thing about yesterday.

Deserters deserting from 75 minutes onwards.

It was like we were 6-0 down the amount that just fucked off.

you've perfectly summed up the south stand. 118-120 is the singing section people join in with a lot of the time. they sing songs most people know, where as for me block 115 are a bit obsessed with singing about dzeko - I'm guessing the people who came up with it are in that section. block 110/111 - if we could get that like a it was a few years ago would be class.
Against Arsenal the other week, when the Goons were kicking off, 115 strangely started singing the “Gerrard slipped, Suarez cried” Džeko chant as a retort to Arsenal fans seeing their arses. What’s that chant got to do with Arsenal?

They can be great in 115 but they are absolutely obsessed with that Džeko chant and the Allez Allez Allez to a certain extent too.

“Gerrard slipped, Suarez cried” is a cracking chant. But not as important or as good as 115 seem to think it is.

this needs to happen more often. it creates noise

I liked how 110/111 did this yesterday, then 115/116 did it, then 110/111 did it again... could be something in that.

Almost like a Besiktas style thing where one stand chants something for a minute while another gees them up, then they have a go and it goes between them back and forth.

I'm a 115 er also and we never stopped singing, and it was great to see the rest of the ground also joining in. Stayed until the end, but ended up having to run in order to catch the last train to Wilmslow. If you are local to the ground, with good transport links, it is great to have the opportunity to stay longer, but we are not all in the same situation!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.