Bring the Noise

i dont think it is nonsense. the corner section before the expansion were miles louder then the south stand has been. you could see/hear that against watford. i dont think theres anything wrong with thinking that. i think its quite a reasonable view that the 'singing section hasn't really worked'- theres a group at the back that sing and thats pretty much it.

iI'm not criticising you or the 200 or so who do try and sing by the way. its just frustrating and annoying going to games and pretty much everyone is sat in silence.

just my opinion though even though i do sound like a broken record.

I just don't agree with you at all. I think the singing section has worked. We sing, constantly... it's the rest of the ground who don't join in. There are other parts that sing, but we're talking about a few hundred singers in level 3 and a few hundred in the east stand. There's over 50k fans in the ground who go and literally sing against United and Liverpool and no-one else.

We're leading a horse to water. We can't get louder unless everyone else joins in.

I get annoyed seeing posts like yours because you're looking for blame in the wrong direction. I know you probably sing yourself, and we both want a great atmosphere. But you can't blame 115 for quietening down the kippax corner. Out of a few hundred fans who relocated to the singing section, I think it was 2 who moved from that area of the ground. The vast majority were already in the south stand, and probably a third came from other areas like the North Stand. Most of the fans from the kippax went into Level 3 because the tickets were cheaper than the singing section - so you could argue Level 3 didn't improve the atmosphere, but you can't blame the 2 or 3 fans that moved into 115 for the reduction in noise?

Last edited:
I just don't agree with you at all. I think the singing section has worked. We sing, constantly... it's the rest of the ground who don't join in. There are other parts that sing, but we're talking about a few hundred singers in level 3 and a few hundred in the east stand. There's over 50k fans in the ground who go and literally sing against United and Liverpool and no-one else.

We're leading a horse to water. We can't get louder unless everyone else joins in.

I get annoyed seeing posts like yours because you're looking for blame in the wrong direction. I know you probably sing yourself, and we both want a great atmosphere. But you can't blame 115 for quietening down the kippax corner. Out of a few hundred fans who relocated to the singing section, I think it was 2 who moved from that area of the ground. The vast majority were already in the south stand, and probably a third came from other areas like the North Stand. Most of the fans from the kippax went into Level 3 because the tickets were cheaper than the singing section - so you could argue Level 3 didn't improve the atmosphere, but you can't blame the 2 or 3 fans that moved into 115 for the reduction in noise?
The Kippax Corner used to be miles better than the Singing Section is now.

Ive said it before but South Stand is is absolute worst part of the ground to have the Singing Section. It’s like a tiny isolated area of the ground not like anywhere else in the ground. The small tiers at City don’t help but it’s next to a huge strip of away fans right next to them who almost always make more noise, and the Colin Bell on the other side who never join in with anything. There’s a complete disconnect with SSL1 from every other singer in the ground.

The other week when the Kippax Corner sang in the second half against Watford, the songs spread down East Stand Level 1 for the first time in what felt like ages! That never happens when SSL1 sing.

It’s also not big enough to outnoise the away fans when the rest of the ground aren’t singing and often when a lot of fans around the ground would join in with SSL1 we can’t really hear what’s being sung.

Im not trying to blame 115 or the people that moved there. if you think I've put/thought that, then my apologies. I was just pointing out that the corner section was louder previously, which i think it was. a lot of what i think has been mentioned by the poster above.

obviously there are lots of factors, such as the location and size of the south stand. its too small and you have the colin bell stand next to it, who don't join in with anything. Most of the east stand joined in against watford because the corner section decided to sing. yesterday was awful and I hated everything about it - from the game and the support and like you i just want it to be better. it actually annoys me at the game.

I moved from 110 into 115. I must be 1 of the 3. :-)

Blocks 111, 110 and 109, because 109 refused to sit down, were great. Loads of singing, loads of atmosphere, and loads of full on banter with the away fans.

The difference between the 2 sections is the interaction with the away fans. In 111 and 110 you are at an angle over looking the away fans. The away fans are looking to the right and up at 111 and 110. It’s not as intense as it used to be between 111 and 110, and the away fans, due to the wider no man’s land, metal barriers, and extra stewards. Previously it was a few rows of seats, netting, and a line of stewards. 115 is side on to the away fans, so there is a lot less banter and interaction with the away fans unless you are in 114, where it is full on, but 114 is less than half a block.

From a personal point of view I would like the singers in 114, 115 and 116 to move into 111 and 110. I think that would increase and improve the atmosphere substantially. Unfortunately that can’t happen as there aren’t enough available seats in 111 and 110. And I’m not sure the singers in 114, 115 and 116 would relocate to 111 and 110.

Ive said it before but South Stand is is absolute worst part of the ground to have the Singing Section. It’s like a tiny isolated area of the ground not like anywhere else in the ground. The small tiers at City don’t help but it’s next to a huge strip of away fans right next to them who almost always make more noise, and the Colin Bell on the other side who never join in with anything. There’s a complete disconnect with SSL1 from every other singer in the ground.

The other week when the Kippax Corner sang in the second half against Watford, the songs spread down East Stand Level 1 for the first time in what felt like ages! That never happens when SSL1 sing.

It’s also not big enough to outnoise the away fans when the rest of the ground aren’t singing and often when a lot of fans around the ground would join in with SSL1 we can’t really hear what’s being sung.

I get what you're saying, but you can't win.

We moved into that section because it was empty and wouldn't impact season card holders. We explored going into Level 3, but the club said we would be forced to sit down and you're not next to the pitch. GMP insisted on away fans being kept near away car park. So we had little choice. I think we do a good job in the area provided. The other option was to try and get existing season card holders to move - which we all know would have been the end of the world as we know it.

As mentioned on another post, the kippax corner section of the ground was diluted because half of them moved into Level 3.

As someone who stands smack bang in the middle of 115, I cannot hear a lot of the singing from kippax corner - I can see people clapping etc, but can't hear it. I can only hear level 3 when it's really noisy. So the acoustics in the stadium don't help. You can't hear the other side of the south stand at times. But we have to go with the options that were available to us at the time. The reality is that if more people sang, we wouldn't care where the singing section is.

It would help in the South Stand if Blues in Blocks 117-118 joined in without City needing to be goals up.

I don't think either side of the away fans do enough. It's ok saying 'the rest of the ground need to join in' but it obviously isn't that simple. The singing section and kippax corner need to get the songs going. Fair enough we have shown on the big games that if everyone joins in we are class but that wont happen every week unfortunately. Against wolves south stand stood in silence for 90mins, no excuses for that when it's the apparent 'singing section'

It would help in the South Stand if Blues in Blocks 117-118 joined in without City needing to be goals up.

I'm in block 119 of the south stand about 8 rows from the back. There are maybe three groups around that section who start songs up and others do join in but it soon stops. There are loads of others just stand and dont ever join in. Behind me are a load of guys who talk all match like fucking MOTD pundits and with about as much sense. One old guy who moans and shouts in anger all game and is never happy. In front are an old father and son who rarely get involved but whisper between one another and cast disapproving looks and comments at anyone daring to have a different point of view to theirs.

The problem is all our stands are mixed up like this. Kids, women, silent types, singers, know alls and the disapprovers. Until we get one end where everyone is singing from the same hymn sheet, no pun intended, it will never improve. You see and hear the noise generated from visiting, mainly eastern European teams, whose support are all males aged 18-40 in the main. That is how partisan home ends used to be in this country. The silent, the tutters and flask holders stayed out of the way in the seats.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.