Bristol City (A) - FA Cup | Post Match Thread

Himself and Akanji need to get those calls right.
2 similar incidents.
Not sure who was to blame but the 1st one could have ended up with a penalty decision going against us or Ederson getting hurt.

It was Ederson's call. Akanji had the player behind him, Ederson had a full view of the situation. If he didn't call, Akanji should have gone for row Z.

The way Akanji left it and tried to slow the player down suggested that he got a shout from Ederson, who went on to make a hash of it.

We did what we needed to do. Nothing more. Nothing less. Job done.

Foden was my MoTM & it was richly deserved. It's great to have him back, however In the post match interview, Phil mentioned his frustration at not playing much recently & mentioned his "foot injury", but his body language suggested his omission was more about form.

It was good to see Philips get 90 minutes. He made a few errant passes & was caught out twice when he was turned, but considering he's barely played over the last 18 months, his ring rust can be forgiven. Gutted his early effort hit the bar. I reckon a few 90 minute games & a couple of goals will work wonders for his confidence.

It was interesting to see Bernardo playing left & Foden centrally early on too. Pep again reiterated that Foden isn't quite ready to play through the middle, but with the central changes we need to make soon, this is an issue we'll have to resolve before we buy replacements for Gundog, Silva or KDB.

Onwards & upwards... )(

After that message from Action Man Foden, Pep's happy, hope you're happy too!

Ain't got no money and I ain't got no hair...

0_GettyImages-1195196987.jpg

Bit of a class act this time round Nigel Pearson, got bristol playing some good stuff. But more importantly I thought our fans were awesome, great away support as usual from us, onwards and upwards with a quarter final in the bag, not that long ago I used to dream about being in a quarter final - C'mon you Blues!!!!!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.