Bristol City (A) - FA Cup | Post Match Thread

We can’t really moan about Cup draws. We had about a twelve year run having the easiest ties of any team in the country until this season.
Are yer sure they were easy teams, PC, or did we make difficult teams look easy. And then we have a bit of previous where we make heavy weather of a stroll in the park. Ah well, lets just have whichever ball they've warmed up!

I'm struggling with the wide reporting of Bristol 'creating several chances' - even at h/t that was the narrative as they went into the tv break - I could only remember the tame shot that dribbled through but would surely have been offside anyway as another attacker was standing in front of the keeper, or perhaps not as it was vs us.
This is not to say they didn't have a good game, and fair play to them for being so open and making it a far more enjoyable, and even competitive, match than most prem fixtures against deep-camped teams, but the suggestion that they had many chances to score is stretching things somewhat.

I'm struggling with the wide reporting of Bristol 'creating several chances' - even at h/t that was the narrative as they went into the tv break - I could only remember the tame shot that dribbled through but would surely have been offside anyway as another attacker was standing in front of the keeper, or perhaps not as it was vs us.
This is not to say they didn't have a good game, and fair play to them for being so open and making it a far more enjoyable, and even competitive, match than most prem fixtures against deep-camped teams, but the suggestion that they had many chances to score is stretching things somewhat.
They had one real chance, when Dias tried to keep it in and their lad whipped a cross onto someone's head. Beyond that I didn't feel they ever threatened us despite a valiant attempt at having a go at us. I didn't doubt we'd win that tie from the first couple of minutes.

It was a brilliant game. Two teams going for it and I was super impressed by them. I much prefer watching us without Haaland in the team. It sounds awful and a bit spoilt as he has scored so many but we are a joy to watch in that form.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.