Bristol City (A) - FA Cup | Post Match Thread

We can’t really moan about Cup draws. We had about a twelve year run having the easiest ties of any team in the country until this season.
This is rather harsh. I remember (before Pep arrived) we had a record breaking run of ties away to premier league opponents that led a Manchester university mathematician to remark that the odds against this occurring were so many million to one against that "manipulation" had to be suspected. Since Pep took over a rapid check shows that we have played 33 ties, 19 of which have been against premier league opposition. 16 have been away and 5 have been on neutral grounds. The statistics suggest that we have had what might be expected out of the hat for a very successful team; others have fared better, others worse but we certainly haven't had "the easiest ties in the country until this season".

This is rather harsh. I remember (before Pep arrived) we had a record breaking run of ties away to premier league opponents that led a Manchester university mathematician to remark that the odds against this occurring were so many million to one against that "manipulation" had to be suspected. Since Pep took over a rapid check shows that we have played 33 ties, 19 of which have been against premier league opposition. 16 have been away and 5 have been on neutral grounds. The statistics suggest that we have had what might be expected out of the hat for a very successful team; others have fared better, others worse but we certainly haven't had "the easiest ties in the country until this season".
You have to beat them all, to win anything. Systems, patterns, teams or other.

Reactions: TFC
You have to beat them all, to win anything. Systems, patterns, teams or other.

nice result, and a fun FA Cup game. No, it didn't tick the super high quality box and a few players looked a bit ragged, but I sense a hint of form coming back to the team? Good performances/results against Newcastle and Palace will confirm where we're at for the business end. Not sure Bristol C really offered much apart from a wide-open team to attack, but they made for a fun game to watch i suppose.

Foden was great, but I am always hungry for more from the lad. Ake once again cementing his place as contender for player of the season. All the others had moments but no consistency. Lewis faded, Dias was a bit sloppy, Mahrez went missing and the others were all good in parts.

KdB: yes he was untidy, yes he was caught in possession a number of times, but he scored a great goal, provided the key attacking pass for each assist (also v important!) and got in a position to score 2 more which unfortunately he didn't take. Huge influence without his usual quality.

Phillips: Clearly a very long way to go to become a reliable first choice in the middle, against the top Prem teams. He was slow and caught multiple times in possession. However, I dont think his basic game was too bad just that he looked rusty as hell. I am sure he'll improve, but he must put the work in now.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.