British and Irish Lions Tour - 2013

Goaters

Well the day is finally upon us when the supposed 38 names are announced. A number of issues will be cleared up at 11 this morning.

Such as who will lead the touring party?
Will Jonny Wilkinson sneak on to the list after his majestic performance for Toulon at the weekend?
Should Wales dominate the selection due to the players finding form?

I know we have a number of big rugby fans so like me I am sure you all can't wait until the lads are in Australia.

Fullbacks: L Halfpenny (Wales, Cardiff Blues), S Hogg (Scotland, Glasgow Warriors), R Kearney (Ireland, Leinster)

Wings: T Bowe (Ireland, Ulster), A Cuthbert (Wales, Cardiff), S Maitland (Scotland, Glasgow), G North (Wales, Scarlets)

Centres:J Davies (Wales, Scarlets),B O'Driscoll (Ireland, Leinster),J Roberts (Wales, Cardiff), M Tuilagi (England, Leicester)

Outside halves: O Farrell (England, Saracens), J Sexton (Ireland, Leinster)

Scrum halves: C Murray (Ireland, Munster), M Phillips (Wales, Bayonne), B Youngs (England, Leicester)

Props: D Cole (England, Leicester), C Healy (Ireland, Leinster), G Jenkins (Wales, Toulon), A Jones (Wales, Ospreys), M Stevens (England, Saracens), M Vunipola (England, Saracens)

Hookers: D Hartley (England, Northampton), R Hibbard (Wales, Ospreys), T Youngs (England, Leicester)

Second rows: P O'Connell (Ireland, Munster), G Parling (England, Leicester), I Evans (Wales, Ospreys), R Gray (Scotland, Sale), A W Jones (Wales, Ospreys), T Croft (England, Leicester), T Faletau (Wales, N G Dragons), J Heaslip (Ireland, Leinster), D Lydiate (Wales, Dragons), S O'Brien (Ireland, Leinster),J Tipuric (Wales, Ospreys),S Warburton (Wales, Cardiff)

British and Irish Lions squad breakdown by nationality: Wales - 15, England - 10, Ireland - 9, Scotland - 3

The Lions Tour

Well seems that we had a 6 Nations tread may as well do a Lions 1. With the squad named some surprise call ups for me and how Ireland got 9 players into the Tour I am not sure on that. The guts of squad is Welsh with 15 players picked and 10 from England and 3 from Scotland. Only 2 fly halfs is a shock for me. I know a lot can fill in but I would rather have 3 fly halfs than the 2 on tour. So its either Sexton or Farrell starting at fly half would of loved to have seen Johnny Wilkinson just for experience as the other 2 fly halfs might be put under huge pressure in the tour games.

I hope I am wrong but for Brian O Driscoll it would be a fitting end to his time playing Rugby if he decides to no longer play for Ireland and just play club rugby. To end on a Lions tour is a fitting way to go out. Bit surprised that the injured duo of Bowe and O Connell both got into the squad more so Bowe with the wingers doing well and not playing 6 nations this season. Should be a good tour I am going for a Lions to win the tour 2-1. Dont think the Aussies are that good this time around.

The squad.
Backs: Leigh Halfpenny (Wales), Stuart Hogg (Scotland), Rob Kearney (Ireland), Tommy Bowe (Ireland), Alex Cuthbert (Wales), Sean Maitland (Scotland), George North (Wales), Jonathan Davies (Wales), Brian O'Driscoll (Ireland), Jamie Roberts (Wales), Manu Tuilagi (England), Owen Farrell (England), Jonathan Sexton (Ireland), Conor Murray (Ireland), Mike Phillips (Wales), Ben Youngs (England).
Forwards: Dan Cole (England), Cian Healy (Ireland), Gethin Jenkins (Wales), Adam Jones (Wales), Matt Stevens (England), Mako Vunipola (England), Dylan Hartley (England), Richard Hibbard (Wales), Tom Youngs (England), Ian Evans (Wales), Richie Gray (Scotland), Alun-Wyn Jones (Wales), Paul O'Connell (Ireland), Geoff Parling (England), Tom Croft (England), Toby Faletau (Wales), Jamie Heaslip (Ireland), Dan Lydiate (Wales), Sean O'Brien (Ireland), Justin Tipuric (Wales), Sam Warburton (Wales).

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.