British and Irish Lions Tour - 2013

Think we look weak at 10 especially if one of then picks up a knock. Non of the other backs in my opinion can play there.

without a dream said:
Heavy Welsh bias as expected, they're a tight head prop short and only two 10s seems an odd decision, other than that decent squad.

I'd be interested to know the logic behind picking a past it Jenkins from Toulon but not an in form Wilkinson from Toulon...

The Lions will want to run the ball & Wilkinson has never been able to get a back-line going.<br /><br />-- Tue Apr 30, 2013 1:29 pm --<br /><br />
big gaz said:
Think we look weak at 10 especially if one of then picks up a knock. Non of the other backs in my opinion can play there.

Yep, weakest part of the squad but there just aren't any decent 10's around.......please don't say Wilkinson.

if the Lions wanted to run the ball they should have taken Charlie Hodgson at 10

alib said:
if the Lions wanted to run the ball they should have taken Charlie Hodgson at 10

never a big game player. Has the talent, but there seems to be a mental block because he has bottled it a lot of times when the pressure was really on.

he played pretty well a few years ago when Sale beat Leicester at Twickenham in the Premiership Final but never really performed when selected for England

still the best passing fly half around though

Wales have been the best team in the Northern hemisphere for a good few years now, it could be argued that more Welsh players should have been included. Think Ken Owens at hooker deserved a shot and where was Best?

Chuffed for Lydiate (Distant relation) but should he have gone after missing most of the season, looked very sluggish since his return. Finally, two tens is vulnerable but Wales are touring Japan this summer so Hook and Biggar won't be far away.

Good point Benarbia, but can we keep that option to Bigggar. I never wanted Hook near gods team when we had Stevie Jones.
Not often I feel sorry for an England player but Robshaw has been hard done by, he was the only player in that team who turned up at Cardiff and was their player of the 6 nations.

Benarbia_is_god said:
Wales have been the best team in the Northern hemisphere for a good few years now, it could be argued that more Welsh players should have been included. Think Ken Owens at hooker deserved a shot and where was Best?

Chuffed for Lydiate (Distant relation) but should he have gone after missing most of the season, looked very sluggish since his return. Finally, two tens is vulnerable but Wales are touring Japan this summer so Hook and Biggar won't be far away.

True, they've been fucking awful against southern hemisphere teams though, particularly Australia.

some problems with this squad...as mentioned on here only two 10's...that means they have to staart one and bench the other for every feckin game, even the midweek roughing up sessions...shoulda taken Hook or Foden ( if fit).
Isn't Jenkins behind Sheridan in France?....oh and Lawes probably should have squeezed in....apart from that delighted that BOD and O Connell have made it...

bluemoon32 said:
without a dream said:
Heavy Welsh bias as expected, they're a tight head prop short and only two 10s seems an odd decision, other than that decent squad.

I'd be interested to know the logic behind picking a past it Jenkins from Toulon but not an in form Wilkinson from Toulon...

The Lions will want to run the ball & Wilkinson has never been able to get a back-line going.

-- Tue Apr 30, 2013 1:29 pm --

big gaz said:

Yep, weakest part of the squad but there just aren't any decent 10's around.......please don't say Wilkinson.

Turns out he turned down the tour due to Toulon commitments and being unsure if his body would hold up for a full tour, but he might be called up if there's injuries which would also explain only going with two 10s.

manctheknife said:
Isn't Jenkins behind Sheridan in France?

Yes. He's just not the player he was 2 years ago, although I hope he proves me wrong. They should have taken a tight head instead of him imo.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.