Broadband deals / providers

If money is no object Virgin all the way.
Upload speeds are shocking for what you pay, though. Makes a MASSIVE (!) difference if working from home and transferring data in both directions. Top advertised upload speed for Vivid Gamer is 20MB (http://www.virginmedia.com/shop/broadband/speeds.html) - I get this on BT Infinity 2 at less than half their price.

Plus they sometimes oversell capacity in areas, causing huge download speed drops at peak times. Happened to me and they denied it for months until they finally admitted it was a known issue with a 12month fix time.

They SHOULD be the best option, but they're not always.

http://www.choose.net/media/guide/features/bt-infinity-virgin-media-xxl.html

That is a fair summary of BT v Virgin imo, hope it helps you decide :-)

Personally i am loving 200Mbps down and 20Mbps uplink on the virgin gamer bundle. My local node has no congestion at any time and gamer package removes any fup throttling.
With BT make sure you get the unlimited package as 25GB is chicken feed, i uploaded that much from 6:30 this morning until for example. Bandwidth caps should be done away with totally imo.

Just left Sky broadband, looking for 76mb download unlimited and was heading towards BT but just seen plusnet do 76mb as well so was wondering if they were any good or not.

Check your possible speed before paying for 76MB. I was on this but got the same speed as the cheaper package.

Managed to get Sky Broadband Unlimited and the Family pack bundle for £17pm. Have a look online, they've got some really good deals at the moment if you're a new customer.

I get 150mbps from virgin £26 per month.
Does our house everyone either online gaming or streaming films or football and hardly any problems ever.

I'm just about to leave Plusnet because they are shite. No broadband the whole of yesterday morning and afternoon, and not by any means for the first time. Last two occasions I've rung them I hung up because there was a 40-minute call queue. No option to e-mail so customer service is just a pile of shit, despite their ads.

They win awards but customer service seems to have deteriorated seriously in recent times.

Last edited:
This might be of interest...Have just seen that Vodafone are offering up to 76Mbps home fibre broadband for £24 a month. That's 20% off and there's no line rental or upfront fees to pay. There's also up to £100 credit available to cover any early cancellation charges from your current supplier. Found the deal on https://broadbandinternetuk.com, a BBC Radio 2 website of the day apparently. The deal ends on the 9th of October 2017.

Just left Sky broadband, looking for 76mb download unlimited and was heading towards BT but just seen plusnet do 76mb as well so was wondering if they were any good or not.

Just ordered Bt a few weeks back and everythings cool.
This is what I got for £30 a month on a one year contract.

Free BT sport packages all of them.
As willy said £90.00 cashback back from the nice quidco people
A card loaded with £80 to spend on the high street and no catch.
I get around 60 mg speed but am a good distance from the exchange.
The set up fee is £60.

I would prefer Virgin but they do not do it in my location.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.