Brown stepping down - What now? [Merged]

Status
Not open for further replies.
clegg3a.jpg

Cheesy said:
Apparently paddy Ashdown is to become Secretary of State for Defence!!!

As someone in the military I would be pretty happy with this appointment.

Edit - Sky now saying it's Liam Fox. Would prefer Paddy tbh :-(

I saw that, shame - partly because Ashdown would have been an excellent choice, and partly because Fox is a twat and I've liked to see him cry.

BingoBango said:
Cheesy said:
Apparently paddy Ashdown is to become Secretary of State for Defence!!!

As someone in the military I would be pretty happy with this appointment.

Edit - Sky now saying it's Liam Fox. Would prefer Paddy tbh :-(

I saw that, shame - partly because Ashdown would have been an excellent choice, and partly because Fox is a twat and I've liked to see him cry.

LOL. I've not got any strong feelings either way about Liam Fox, but I do like Paddy so yeah, it's a shame.

bluemoonmatt said:
terryphelan said:
Do you believe that it's fair that City should have to subsidise the rags?
Youv'e tried that tired analogy before, however you forget that City/Rags money is not public purse money anyway. I assume everyone you care about is rich, only someone who is in that position could come out with such a wildly selfish viewpoint. I sincerely hope none of yours fall on hard times pal, or maybe that could be a good thing to shake you out of your'e 'I'm alright Jack so fuck you' attitude.

I am not rich but I work fucking hard to get there. Why should I pay for those that can't be arsed once I have reached my goals?

I'll be the first to say, thankyou Gordon Brown.
He took on a supremely difficult job, he had the right wing Tory press criticizing his every move and he came in during a global recession.

However he handled the entire situation with the upmost professionalism and dignity. He handled it like a real mench and he fought a battle which he had no chance of winning.

It's a sad day when we realise what the press has done.

I wish him all the best.

Daviesmcfc said:
He took on a supremely difficult job, he had the right wing Tory press criticizing his every move and he came in during a global recession.

However he handled the entire situation with the upmost professionalism and dignity. He handled it like a real mench and he fought a battle which he had no chance of winning.

I wish him all the best.

Bollocks and I wish him syphallis.

SWP's back said:
Daviesmcfc said:

I wish him all the best.

Bollocks and I wish him syphallis.
You're an ungrateful sod who's been brainwashed by the right wing press. Daily mail reader I'm guessing.

Daviesmcfc said:

I wish him all the best.

Here here.

This Labour Govenrment has done untold good for our country in particular the most vulnerable, and we will all be there one day.

Skashion said:
terryphelan said:
Do you believe that it's fair that City should have to subsidise the rags?

Yeah, country and its economic system, football; same thing.

Capitalism has ZERO justification unless those who benefit from it subsidise the services which allow people to earn their way to the top. If there is no basic provision of education and health care, a welfare state, then the meritocracy which capitalism must be based on to be justified, does not exist. Right now, the United Kingdom has one of the lowest rates of social mobility in the developed world and it's something this country should be ashamed of and doing everything within its power to improve.

First of all, do you have anything to support the assertion that for capitalism to be justified everyone must have money taken off them to pay for state education, welfare etc.? I just don't see it. The force used, that you're promoting, needs to be justified if anything.

Secondly, how can capitalism be based on merit when Government involvement in the market means that capitalism becomes 'capitOlism' - ie. where business decisions become aimed at gaining state granted monopolies and other favours instead of offering the customers the best possible ?

Capitalism is as close to a meritocracy as you're likely going to get because the customer, looking at a free and open market, determines who merits their business. All we need to do is actually gain capitalism and get rid of this capitol-ism or corporatism which is masquerading under the name "Capitalism"

I agree with your last sentence and that's one reason why I think you're wrong. A look at history will show us that the only time in which the poor were gaining wealth was when the economies were less controlled by governments. Their increase was slow (1% per year if I remember correctly) but at least it was heading in the right direction... unlike now, when governments all around the world are increasingly involved in the economy.

Corky said:
Daviesmcfc said:

I wish him all the best.

Here here.

This Labour Govenrment has done untold good for our country in particular the most vulnerable, and we will all be there one day.

It's just a shame that 6 million idiots read the Daily Mail.
Labour did very little wrong and the press scrutinized everything Brown did.
He handled the situation superbly. A true gentleman.

Hopefully he'll stick around, this country needs more politicians like him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.