Bruges away anyone?

Will an antigen test at a pharmacy in brussels with 15 min results be ok to use?
Its unclear what the quarantine involves (ie where) or the type of test you have to take to get out of it.

Ideally we move from Belgiums red list to amber between now and the game, then there is no quarantine whatsoever (providing you are vaccinated).

Have you a link to where it says PCR test? I can only see where it says ‘test’ doesnt say PCR or antigen

I agree though it’s vague on the test needed to come out of ‘quarantine’ but throughout the document it only mentions PCR tests and never LFT

The Belgian government site may be even more confusing than ours! The UK isn't on any list I can see but Eurostar says we're red - with a link to this official Belgian site where we're not listed...
Colour codes by country | Coronavirus COVID-19 (info-coronavirus.be)

But quarantine is defined:
Quarantine means preventive isolation. During the quarantine period, you must remain at one single address, which must be provided in advance in the Passenger Locator Form. This can be a private address (with family or with friends), or another place to stay, such as a hotel. If the person falls ill, all members of the same household are close contacts.

During this period, contact with other people, including people in the same house, must be completely avoided (always keep a distance of 1.5 m).

Of umpteen bullet points about it, this is a good one:
  • For all journeys (from the time of arrival in Belgium) the use of public transport must be avoided.
So, walking from the airport?

But there's another official site which says simply:

• Arrival from outside the European Union:
    • Those coming from outside the European Union must be fully vaccinated (+ 2 weeks) with a vaccine recognised by Europe and take a PCR test on the day of arrival. If the test is negative, this person does not need to be quarantined.
And you can tested on arrival at Brussels Airport:

If you are an arriving passenger and have received a 16-character activation code by text message (SMS) based on the information you entered on your Passenger Locator Form (e-PLF).

• You can get tested free of charge using this code during the registration process on the condition that are affiliated to a Belgian health insurance fund.
  • You will pay €40.44 for a standard PCR test if you have an activation code but are not affiliated to a Belgian health insurance fund.

NB - PCR test a third the price of rip-off Britain.

Whether there are similar on-site testing at Brussels Midi or a port or Charleroi airport is harder to find out. I hope it's not a catch 22, where you have to quarantine until you can get a PCR test, but you can only get a test by leaving quarantine.

As anti-vaxxers are also statistically likely to be in favour of Brexit, they will no doubt complain that the EU is stopping them going (they could go if we were still in the EU).

I went to Porto and it was a nightmare.I know things have got a little easier regarding travelling abroad but if you want an idea you just have to look at how many Leipzig fans made it and even the rags only sent a few hundred the other night.

I went to Porto and it was a nightmare.I know things have got a little easier regarding travelling abroad but if you want an idea you just have to look at how many Leipzig fans made it and even the rags only sent a few hundred the other night.
To be fair I think that was more to do with the last minute nature of the decision to allow away fans to attend. I’ve been abroad three times this summer and once you get your head around it it’s not too bad. Couple of locator forms to fill in and two tests to do (both can be done at home or in a hotel). That’s it really.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.