Bruno Fernandes

Status
Not open for further replies.
Agree, think he's a good signing and tbh I'm fairly impressed when I've seen him play. Looks like they haven't been gouged on the price again too, seems a reasonable outlay.

That being said, it's taken them an entire window to get just this one deal closed when they need many more players - at least five or six more are needed. Paper Boy seems to have a reasonable idea as to who to shift out, something which van Bore and Moanrinho failed at. However, Two Planks and that other pelican who negotiates for them seem to have a tough time bringing new faces in and seem incapable of running multiple deals at one time, not to mention actually closing the one deal they're only working on.

With the way their squad the rabble it still is at the moment, I have doubts that they'll even be able to get the best out of Fernandes - thus putting himself at risk of being a bit of a scapecoat when he seemingly doesn't live up to their high expectations. A better run club with similar level of finances could get this thing done in 1-2 windows - they're dragging this out over seasons.

£67M and not even the best Portuguese player in Manchester
What have they spent on midfielders now?

£67m Fernandes
£89m Pogba
Matic £40m
Mata £37m
Fred £50m

That's (apparently) £283m worth of a midfield... Fuck my arse.

I'm sure the UK press will jump on these previously unseen rates, just like they love to joke about our numerous £50m defensive recruits. Oh wait it's a jizz fest.

What a shit way to spend the best part of £300m!!! We got De Bruyne, Silva and Bernardo for around £100m total PMSL

£50.5m

Good player, decent price, won't fix all their problems but will help them grab a few undeserved results.

If they grab a couple more like that they might actually get some deserved results, which isn't ideal. Good signing. Just hope the modern United factor comes into play and ruins him a bit.

If they grab a couple more like that they might actually get some deserved results, which isn't ideal. Good signing. Just hope the modern United factor comes into play and ruins him a bit.

He will do what Pogba was doing before this season, where he'd come up with a goal or assist out of nowhere which turned those embarrassing draws and defeats to bottom half clubs into wins and draws. Probably guarantees them top 6 this season if he starts well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.