Bruno Guimaraes

That wouldn't be any easy task it is near enough impossible to find such a player in the current market.
Exactly. Bruno G. would be a replacement for Gundogan who at times deputized for Rodri. No one is trying to "replace" Rodri. Your narrative is pointless in this regard.

Wouldn't you rather be positive about a player like you were with Philips then come out with he not good enough?
I was openly critical of buying the clogger and a number on here said I was mad. Where are these people now hey. I say what I see. I haven’t seen enough of Bruno to lean one way or the other. But you don’t buy for the sake of it if he’s not at the required level. You adapt to hope with the deficiencies. I was kinda surprised after we got Greelish that he’s never been moved inside as that’s where he shined for Villa. Greelish is a good player so was able to adapt and play wide. Spending £100 mill on this guy who to put it nicely can only really play one position is a big gamble. Is this really the best and only solution?

I was openly critical of buying the clogger and a number on here said I was mad. Where are these people now hey. I say what I see. I haven’t seen enough of Bruno to lean one way or the other. But you don’t buy for the sake of it if he’s not at the required level. You adapt to hope with the deficiencies. I was kinda surprised after we got Greelish that he’s never been moved inside as that’s where he shined for Villa. Greelish is a good player so was able to adapt and play wide. Spending £100 mill on this guy who to put it nicely can only really play one position is a big gamble. Is this really the best and only solution?
He can’t only play in one position, he can play as 6 when needed for Rodri, so that’s worth a good £40/50 mill. He can play as an 8 as a Gundogan replacement so does that make him worth the fee? Does for me.Solves 2 weaknesses in the squad / team.
Only solution ,no idea but the only one of the players I’ve seen linked to us.

He can’t only play in one position, he can play as 6 when needed for Rodri, so that’s worth a good £40/50 mill. He can play as an 8 as a Gundogan replacement so does that make him worth the fee? Does for me.Solves 2 weaknesses in the squad / team.
Only solution ,no idea but the only one of the players I’ve seen linked to us.
I’m not for or against tbh. But I’ll be pissed off if it turns out like Phillips

I’m not for or against tbh. But I’ll be pissed off if it turns out like Phillips
I don’t think it’s anythinkg like Phillips, who is in a small minority of miss steps when compared to all the players we have bought in the last 10 years, the only one maybe to show no improvement.
Phillips was only ever supposed to be a squad player cover for Rodri. We still had Gundogan then. If we buy Guimaraes for £80/100mill it will be because we have a first team role for him as well as providing cover for Rodri.
If we buy him we can play in rotation.
Rodri Guimares
Guimaraes Kovacic
Rodri Kovacic.
All without disrupting how we play, with either Guimaraes or Kovacic in the old Gundogan role.Though think Guimaraes is the one more capable of ghosting into the box with coaching and hopefully grabbing a few goals.
He may not be the the clubs choice ,don’t know but I can see why he would be.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.