Bruno Guimaraes

If getting Bruno.G gets Pep to extend and kickstart new evolution of PepBall at our fabulous club, then back the man and give 200mil if that makes this happen.
You’d spend £200 million on Guimaraes? Fucking wow. So we could have got him for £100m a month ago but you thought we should wait a month and pay double?

I agree. I think City expected/needed him to push harder on this to really prove he wanted it.

City could have triggered the release clause but probably wanted to do a deal on more favourable terms financially but also needed the lad to push it. Instead he has clearly been keeping quiet in the background, has now been promoted within the squad leadership group and has been publically declaring his love for the club etc.

We have often seen City go all in for a player, when they establish the player is all in for a move.

This reads like they felt there was a chance there because of Newcastle's PSR needs, but none of the three parties was ever really committed to it.

Last edited:
If getting Bruno.G gets Pep to extend and kickstart new evolution of PepBall at our fabulous club, then back the man and give 200mil if that makes this happen.

If that was the case wouldn’t we have just triggered the release clause? You’d hope so.

Think this is done. Kov was brilliant yesterday and realistically won’t be covering Rodri if he’s fit, will play alongside though I hope as he’s a great player.

McAtee around, Nunes more minutes, Savio means Bernado can play centrally.

Also we’ve clearly told whoever was interested in Kovacic (Turkey) to do one.

You’d spend £200 million on Guimaraes? Fucking wow. So we could have got him for £100m a month ago but you thought we should wait a month and pay double?

Sounds like a Woodward move.

TBH if he wanted to come we should have paid the RC back then (wonder if we would have knowing about Alvarez).

I also thought it was €100, so more like £85 million.

We will never know but from the outside. I don't think Bruno was willing to push this and also City had no intention of spending the 85m in one go. Newcastle did back handers to get out of their PSR problems and then they knew they could resist our bid of installments etc unless Bruno went on strike and forced a way out.

We will never know but from the outside. I don't think Bruno was willing to push this and also City had no intention of spending the 85m in one go. Newcastle did back handers to get out of their PSR problems and then they knew they could resist our bid of installments etc unless Bruno went on strike and forced a way out.

what make you think they paid back handers?

i haven't enjoyed these accusations against city so i'm more than hesitant to do the same

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.