Bruno Guimaraes

The opposite sentiments were expressed by Wolves fans when we signed Nunes last year. They were a bit nonplussed by all the City fuss around him and they were happy to take the money. And when Raheem left City I think the ambivalent reaction to his departure could have been a bit of a canary in the coalmine for Chelsea fans.
Not sure this is entirely correct regarding Nunes. Wolves fans were happy to take the money sure, but they were moreso upset that he was sitting out of training and forcing the club to give him his transfer.

Nonplussed isn't the term I'd use. Common sentiment at the time from Wolves fans was that Nunes was still a bit raw but would have the talent to make it at City, and that they were losing a very good player.

Still think he could take a leap next year FWIW. But common sentiment from fan sites should always be taken with a grain of salt. Plenty of people on BM weren't too fussed when we sold Palmer last summer.

Absolutely 100% not good enough for us. But then when he signs all the top blues will say he's amazing...and then go quieter and quieter as the season progresses.

Let's judge Palmer in a couple of years. Plenty of the sentiments about Palmer seem very similar to what was said about Jesus after his first year at Arsenal. Not saying the same things about Gabby now though.
Thats simply not true. Everyone knew what Jesus was, a bad finisher with amazing work rate. Palmer, some of us knew what he was and you can look back at the player forum to see it, and some of us - though they won't admit it, didn't. Thats fine. We're all wrong sometimes.

My mind’s eye didn’t envisage Akanji playing in one…
What a player Akanji has been. Nobody at Dortmund would've ever envisioned him turning into the player he is today, or they would've put a much higher price tag on him.

This is why it's farcical to write players off so quickly. Sometimes change and a new environment is needed to unlock a player. If Pep wants Bruno Guimares in the squad who am I to question it.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.