Bruno Guimaraes

What a player Akanji has been. Nobody at Dortmund would've ever envisioned him turning into the player he is today, or they would've put a much higher price tag on him.

This is why it's farcical to write players off so quickly. Sometimes change and a new environment is needed to unlock a player. If Pep wants Bruno Guimares in the squad who am I to question it.

Exactly mate. Pep`s first choices seemingly are Paqueta and Guimares and he WILL make them alot better than what they already are? It may also make Pep stay longer if we sign his top targets.

Thats simply not true. Everyone knew what Jesus was, a bad finisher with amazing work rate. Palmer, some of us knew what he was and you can look back at the player forum to see it, and some of us - though they won't admit it, didn't. Thats fine. We're all wrong sometimes.
I’m not calling Palmer. I watched him him come through the academy and appreciate what a fine player he is. However, he has now been put on a pedestal which is above where he doesn’t belong right now.
In response to Jesus, I was merely (probably poorly) trying to point out how many people were saying we were wrong to sell him (and Zinchenko) to Arsenal because of the improvement they made to them.
To summarise, I think Palmer is a very good player and the move suited all parties but the praise being heaped upon him is not fully justified right now.

Exactly mate. Pep`s first choices seemingly are Paqueta and Guimares and he WILL make them alot better than what they already are? It may also make Pep stay longer if we sign his top targets.
If we get Pac & Guimares and Savio I think we’ll be favourites for all comps next season.

Savio isnt staying though is he next season? I could see Olmo coming into be honest mate as he is another we have chased and has a 60m euro release clause?
We spent a great deal of money last summer, so I think the likelihood of us spending so much this summer is low; I think last year was the biggest outlay since the summer when Walker et al. arrived. If Guimaraes and Paqueta cost 185 million pounds, it’s hard to see us spending 51 million on Olmo, too.

I appreciate that there will be outgoings and some want an overhaul, but our record in the transfer market doesn’t suggest that will happen.

We spent a great deal of money last summer, so I think the likelihood of us spending so much this summer is low; I think last year was the biggest outlay since the summer when Walker et al. arrived. If Guimaraes and Paqueta cost 185 million pounds, it’s hard to see us spending 51 million on Olmo, too.

I appreciate that there will be outgoings and some want an overhaul, but our record in the transfer market doesn’t suggest that will happen.

I think its at that point of a big refresh this summer though mate? Tolmie reckons the club expect to bring in at least £200m in sales again this summer but sau its £200m and we sign say Guimaraes, Paqueta, Frimpong and Olmo that would be a gross spend of £271m but only a net spend of £71m?

I think its at that point of a big refresh this summer though mate? Tolmie reckons the club expect to bring in at least £200m in sales again this summer but sau its £200m and we sign say Guimaraes, Paqueta, Frimpong and Olmo that would be a gross spend of £271m but only a net spend of £71m?
Possibly, but I if we win the double in the next weeks, then it’s even harder to see such a refresh. Adding two of the League’s better players will probably be enough to maintain the domestic stranglehold and close the gap on Real Madrid.

Rather than pay heed to third-party rumours, it’s arguably more fruitful to look at our historical record in the transfer market. We’ve never brought in anywhere near 200 million, let alone more than that sum. We also currently have players on our books (Cancelo, Phillips, maybe even Nunes) that we most likely won’t be able to shift. It would only be possible to raise such a figure, therefore, by selling key assets, at which point we’re only standing still, perhaps even weakening.

We have a lot of players who could leave (and not including Nunes) and would bring in a lot of money. Cancelo and Phillips will both move on as they obviously have no desire to be here. Why the pessimism?
From the end of the 2022-2023 season to before the start of this season we brought in c£145m of direct transfers plus God knows how much in clauses from past transfers (eg Porro)

Last edited:
Savio isnt staying though is he next season? I could see Olmo coming into be honest mate as he is another we have chased and has a 60m euro release clause?
Got it on VERY good authority (I only have one source but he’s as close as it gets to transfers) that Savio is going back to Girona next year.

I don’t claim ITK often as he doesn’t give me anything usually. I badgered him about Haaland for months and he straight batted everything.

But he gave me that bit of info 2 weeks ago. Savio back to Girona. Hardly groundbreaking stuff I know.

People have been prediting big refreshes every summer for years, we don't do them ,simply because teams at the top don't need to and they aren't worth the risk. We'll bring in an AM. some kind of DM cover with Phillips and Gomes probably going. Then replace players like Ortega and Bernardo only if we need to. Our starting 11 next season won't be very different to this.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.