Bruno Guimaraes

Again Arsenal did put in a fruitless bid with Luis Suarez

I know, but that's not got anything to do with my post. My point is that if a player doesn't want to leave, there's no point offering a club the release fee.

I think Suarez did want to go, but the fuss that was made about it and the delaying tactics meant he ended up staying. He was more or less press-ganged into it. I think if he'd have properly demanded the move then he would have got his way.

£50m isn't much as far as transfer fees go these days especially for our rivals.

It isn't, but you think Haaland would have agreed to go to Bournemouth if they'd offered it? You think they'd have been able to afford his wages as well?

For the very top players there are very few clubs who can afford them or they'd move to. That's partly why the fee sometimes isn't that high (as per Haaland). Dortmund wanted to keep him happy, so had to give him a sane release clause as they knew he'd leave at some point. They could have asked him to have a release clause of more ,eg £100m, but I'm guessing he wouldn't have signed the contract and he'd have left them sooner.

It isn't, but you think Haaland would have agreed to go to Bournemouth if they'd offered it? You think they'd have been able to afford his wages as well?

For the very top players there are very few clubs who can afford them or they'd move to. That's partly why the fee sometimes isn't that high (as per Haaland). Dortmund wanted to keep him happy, so had to give him a sane release clause as they knew he'd leave at some point. They could have asked him to have a release clause of more ,eg £100m, but I'm guessing he wouldn't have signed the contract and he'd have left them sooner.
No difference between that our any of our Premier League rivals. Saying that if it happens to be a rival european club who could afford it then it would be more likely.

I agreed for the second part. That was the point I was making about the whole Release Clause concept and the selling clubs still having a say.

I don't think they actually do. I think they broke rules by causing a fuss, and if it went to court they would have lost, but they dragged things out and he changed his mind rather than cause the cult to turn on him.

However, I don't know the actual wording of the contract, so that's all a guess. Traditionally, if a clause is activated then it's over to the player.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.