Bruno Guimaraes

What is the release clause in football?

images

However, they are still a fairly established part of the game. A release clause is a clause in a player's contract that sets out a pre-determined transfer fee and states that a club is automatically required to accept an initial offer for a player if the buying club makes an offer of that exact value.23

Harry Kane was an idiot with no written release clause in his contract, just a "gentleman's" agreement, but he was dealing with Daniel Levy, hence the term "gentleman" is null and void.
To a point you couldn't call Levy an idiot for not inserting one in his contract.

images

However, they are still a fairly established part of the game. A release clause is a clause in a player's contract that sets out a pre-determined transfer fee and states that a club is automatically required to accept an initial offer for a player if the buying club makes an offer of that exact value.23
Are you sure this is right? I've heard conflicting views from my bluemoon sources :)

images

Agreed but release clauses in England are rare for a good reason.

I think they’re definitely coming common place with agents protecting their players interests so clubs don’t stop them moving on.
Other than Grealish, Suarez and this transfer I can't think of any English Premier League based players or teams having one in their contract. Up until now only we were the only successful in activating Grealish's one.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.