Bruno Guimaraes

Other than Grealish, Suarez and this transfer I can't think of any English Premier League based players or teams having one in their contract.
Haaland allegedly widely reported Bernie too and probably Paqueta and probably many more we don’t get to know about.

Haaland allegedly widely reported Bernie too and probably Paqueta and probably many more we don’t get to know about.
With either I am a little suprised none of our Premier League rivals have activated the clause if there is one.

With either I am a little suprised none of our Premier League rivals have activated the clause if there is one.
Haaland was only foreign teams ie Madrid and think it only active from next season. Bernie £50 million clause is active shortly but no prem club will activate it cos Bernie wants a country change.

Because the player still has the option to say no? The current club has to notify the player that the clause has been offered and then the player can decide if they fancy that club to move to and then it goes on from there?

What is the release clause in football?

images

However, they are still a fairly established part of the game. A release clause is a clause in a player's contract that sets out a pre-determined transfer fee and states that a club is automatically required to accept an initial offer for a player if the buying club makes an offer of that exact value.23
Think luke Shaw has one in his contract it states he's allowed to negotiate with any club that allows him at least 2 visits to greggs per day

No point activating any clause if you know the player has no intention of joining you, or would ask for way more than you could afford.

No point activating any clause if you know the player has no intention of joining you, or would ask for way more than you could afford.
£50m isn't much as far as transfer fees go these days especially for our rivals.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.