Bruno Peres

I was thinking along the lines of if Maffeo proves his worth it would help Pep trim the squad to the 18 first team players who expect to be in a matchday squad.
I suspect Maffeo will be loaned again with the intention of bringing him into the fold next season when Sagna leaves.

He seems rather Kolarov-esque, should I be worried?
Yes he is. He makes lots of silly decision. But he is a thousand times more skilled than Kolarov, a thousand times faster, and about 2ice as good at ball retention. But just like Kolarov he takes silly shots like the one that went in against Juve, but didn't against Sassuolo and others, and he so.wtimes dribbles into culdesacs like Adam Johnson used to do back in the day.

But what he brings is a legitimate threat to start a counterattack in the blink of an eye, the dribbling abilities and speed threat that forces players to back off him and creates the passing lanes to continue possession and loads of energy.

That's why I was raving about him months ago when most didn't think he was worth a mention.

Our possession capacity and our pressure is what's going to fix our defense. Not any individual defender or group of defenders for that matter.

In fact, the way I see it, it's our strikers midfielders and wingers who'd need to up their game defensively. Our defenders are probably going to have an easier time doing their jobs. Granted you can't be shit, but you wouldn't need to be running around playing hwro quenching fires all over the field.

By the way, it's the reason why I think Zichencho ens up becoming our leftback too.

He seems rather Kolarov-esque, should I be worried?

He's attacking, but unlike Kolarov he'll run for days and he's absolutely lightning quick.

So he will bomb forward, but if we lose possession he'll be the first man back as well.

Yes he is. He makes lots of silly decision. But he is a thousand times more skilled than Kolarov, a thousand times faster, and about 2ice as good at ball retention. But just like Kolarov he takes silly shots like the one that went in against Juve, but didn't against Sassuolo and others, and he so.wtimes dribbles into culdesacs like Adam Johnson used to do back in the day.

But what he brings is a legitimate threat to start a counterattack in the blink of an eye, the dribbling abilities and speed threat that forces players to back off him and creates the passing lanes to continue possession and loads of energy.

That's why I was raving about him months ago when most didn't think he was worth a mention.

Our possession capacity and our pressure is what's going to fix our defense. Not any individual defender or group of defenders for that matter.

In fact, the way I see it, it's our strikers midfielders and wingers who'd need to up their game defensively. Our defenders are probably going to have an easier time doing their jobs. Granted you can't be shit, but you wouldn't need to be running around playing hwro quenching fires all over the field.

By the way, it's the reason why I think Zichencho ens up becoming our leftback too.

But if he's good at setting counterattacking wouldn't he be bad in our system? When we play such a possesion based game?

So you watch Torino regularly I take it?

But if he's good at setting counterattacking wouldn't he be bad in our system? When we play such a possesion based game?
Not really. I'm not suggesting he is a counterattack player. Just that his skillset compared to Sagna or Clichy suggest a definite threat say in the other team's cornerkick if the ball falls to him just outside our box. We are actually a pretty decent counter team. I think we were joint highest goals scoresrs off counters last season.

While we are a possession team, when counter attacking opportunities come, he'll be a plus in comparison to Sagna, Clichy or Kolarov. Because he can beat a man, can run past most, and is pretty comfortable on the offensive end. He is best compared to Cuadrado when he played at Fiorentina. A wingback who was frankly the teams best attacking player.

So you watch Torino regularly I take it?
Nope. But early this summer I spotted the guy, and went and downloaded about 10 of his games from the season.

Raved about him here for days, but no one really cared. Understable, as we weren't linked to him then and he wasn't a popular name. It was back when the Arsenal kid and Fabihno were the RBs everyone wanted.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.